Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 98 stang has 161900 miles on it and i usually drive it around 1500 to 2000 rpm. ive only gotten it over 4000 rpm once. is it safe to punch it on the track with high millage like that? i want to get in to true street classes but with the high millage i can just hear a valve spring or rocker arm breakin as i get out of second gear.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
your hear these parts breaking?!
you might hear chatter which obviously if thats the case i wouldnt recommend racing the car.
I'd do some simple things such as tune ups, judge your fluid and from there make a choice wether you think the motor is healthy enough for racing.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i have a 98 with 145000 on it and i punch it alot. i know that isn't quite as much millage as yours but it is still alot and mine seems to bee fine. you can tell the motor isn't tight but it doesn't show any sign of breaking down. as long as you take care of it and don't rev it past the red line then you should be in a alright.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your hear these parts breaking?!
you might hear chatter which obviously if thats the case i wouldnt recommend racing the car.
I'd do some simple things such as tune ups, judge your fluid and from there make a choice wether you think the motor is healthy enough for racing.
lol no its just ive been out at the track with people who have built engines and you hear that **** blow up and im so paranoid i can imagine it breaking on mine

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
well you always have the possibility of breaking stuff. but the thing is with the built motors those people are really pushing their motors making lots of power. your car is basic stock so the motor is made to handle the power you throw at it. Im not saying it can't blow up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts