Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many rpm will a stock 02-04 v6 turn? i know the redline is 5300 but i imagine its a bit more. what about replacing valve springs and such how much would that be good for. i dont know how well the bottom end is balanced but im kinda curious about the whole deal. thanks:cool:

·
Registered
965 Posts
its not a honda, these engines are not designed to make power that high. i'd recommend just staying at or below redline. you'd need some kind of crazy build to even utilize rpms that much higher then the stock redline.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think hes asking how high can you go if you have a forged bottom end and upgraded cam and valve springs

heres a question of my own, lets say you could rev our car to 7500 after all that, how much more power would that produce?

·
Registered
788 Posts
my 212/218 went to 6800 on the first dyno run but i dont think it sounded good. I'd say get better internals before going to high. I want to know how high the car can go as well, but I don't think anyone really knows or they would've said something.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
well the redline is actually 5250 rpm (not 5300, but w.e) i redline at 6k rpms with my tune... i wouldnt rev much higher than that

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
my 212/218 went to 6800 on the first dyno run but i dont think it sounded good. I'd say get better internals before going to high. I want to know how high the car can go as well, but I don't think anyone really knows or they would've said something.
i think obviously itll sound like **** but were jusdt curious about the extra power it would make

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah lol now that read that it made no sense but i was trying to finish before class got out so it was a bit rushed. but anyway my friend has deal on a 212/224 cam and i was wondering if combining that with valve springs and push rods would make some extra power up top. nothing upsurd like 7500 but being able to run to 6250 safely.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so basically my question is this. would a cam valve springs and pushrods run 6250 safely or not? and would it keep making power there of would it start to fall off?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
6250 is one random ass number lol, but I ran to a 6 redline in my v6 with a tune 250 more rpm shouldnt hurt anything

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
it is gana start falling off around 625, i dont know exactaly weat, but the intake and heads on r cars can not handle any thing that high, just because they can not flow well enuf.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol yeah well 6250 isnt that random seeing as its the stock redline +1000 but either way but i found out what i wanted to so thanks for the help!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thats what i was questioning because i dont know if the bigger cam would move the powerband up there. ive seen dynos where the engine would keep making power up to 6000 or so but its not safe to run it that fast on the stock valvetrain. oh and peak power is already made at 5200 so i think it drops off around 5500. but im not sure so dont quote me on it

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
it is gana start falling off around 625, i dont know exactaly weat, but the intake and heads on r cars can not handle any thing that high, just because they can not flow well enuf.
with a sheetmetal or ported and polished upper intake and ported heads and lower youll flow more air tho

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
with a sheetmetal or ported and polished upper intake and ported heads and lower youll flow more air tho
not enuf, hipos combo uper will probaly be flowing well enuf to get a sound 7k out of our cars, only problom is no one has made heads that can flow well enuf yet.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts

the cam design is worthless with out the springs to safely hold it

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
its not a honda, these engines are not designed to make power that high. i'd recommend just staying at or below redline. you'd need some kind of crazy build to even utilize rpms that much higher then the stock redline.
yea we dont have to wait the 10 second it takes to get to 7k rpms :):D
then finally engauge V-tec,....maybe who knows!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts