Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, what the highest compression an n/a motor running on 93 can handle? this will be a motor without and forced induction or n2o (for you people who cant comprehend... NOS...)

if its "it depends on the motor" its a 302. planning on gt40p's and new internals maybe since budget sucks. im on the computer for a while so i'll reply quickly

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks! muahahaha awesome peoplesss
+1

can i get some supportive opinions?? i dont want to base my judgment off of one post

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
just wondering, what the highest compression an n/a motor running on 93 can handle? this will be a motor without and forced induction or n2o (for you people who cant comprehend... NOS...)

if its "it depends on the motor" its a 302. planning on gt40p's and new internals maybe since budget sucks. im on the computer for a while so i'll reply quickly
why are you being such a dick?and are you wanting to buy new pistons?All i would ever do in a street car is 11.1

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-_- ahhh. umm well.. yea i had plans, but theres alot of money issues going on, and since ive started planning what to do with my car, all ive been able to get done on it is underdrive pulleys and a new fuel pump.

this is what i want: some used gt40p heads and pistons to raise compression so i can take advantage of 93 octane.

my reverse gear/idler gear breaking this morning isnt helping much either.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
-_- ahhh. umm well.. yea i had plans, but theres alot of money issues going on, and since ive started planning what to do with my car, all ive been able to get done on it is underdrive pulleys and a new fuel pump.

this is what i want: some used gt40p heads and pistons to raise compression so i can take advantage of 93 octane.

my reverse gear/idler gear breaking this morning isnt helping much either.
you might haft to take advantage of octane booster also,but i would suggest some good ol nitrous if you want power quick

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i knoww nitrous is very very appealing but im against it, and its due to personal expiriences of a butthole using nitrous and being a jerk about it. i like staying pure n/a and id like some suggestions. oh yea.. and well.. my car is running faster than it should.. i bought the car with edelbrock stickers on it, but the rear suspension is BBK and the front looks stock..

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
save up and stroke it....other wise if your staying na and you keep the 306 then your going to spend the same amount of money on pistions and rods and crank minus the machine shop....its your best route....save money or get a short term loan....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have to wait till august to make a loan as im still 17. but i cant get my engine bored .30 over.. will this be a problem?

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
why can't you? you don't have to you can talk to woody and run a 342.....wait don't you already have a 306?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no.. look at the very first post, it states 302 =)

well my family wont have extra money till end of march, and i dont have time for a job since im going to a machining competition for my school in mid march.. soo.. yea. id like to know exactly what im going to get soon as i have the money though.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
no.. look at the very first post, it states 302 =)

well my family wont have extra money till end of march, and i dont have time for a job since im going to a machining competition for my school in mid march.. soo.. yea. id like to know exactly what im going to get soon as i have the money though.
so why do you hate nitrous?im just curious.I would get teh gt40;s port them,get an alphabet cam and a gt 40 intake if your on a tight budget it should give you a couple extra ponies.Ialso would never put a new set of pistons in a car if i did not get it bored, honed

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well ok. i had a friend with a real quick 300zx and it was n/a, he put all he had into that thing, trying to make it better than the TT'd twin it had. well one day he raced a guy and was beating him, (30 bucks on the line) and they other guy shot nitrous, after saying that he didnt have any. well to make a long story short, i watched my friend get his ass kicked for trying to get the money, and raising an arguement. not really a big thing, but ive always been against it =\

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
well ok. i had a friend with a real quick 300zx and it was n/a, he put all he had into that thing, trying to make it better than the TT'd twin it had. well one day he raced a guy and was beating him, (30 bucks on the line) and they other guy shot nitrous, after saying that he didnt have any. well to make a long story short, i watched my friend get his ass kicked for trying to get the money, and raising an arguement. not really a big thing, but ive always been against it =
dang that sucks man,but a race iss arace you neever know what your up against

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i understand that :-( so what cam you reccomend? F303 ? xD

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts