Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on the older cobras fords "fix" was to acid dip the upper intake. I work in the aerospace and defense industry and happen to have access to acid etch tanks, my question is.......does anyone know what type of aluminum the upper intake is? 2000 series, 7000 series, etc..... i have posted this question on other forums with no luck. if by some miracle I do find out, how much should I remove? 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, etc......

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
honestly bro, i think your best bet would be to contact a dealership or SVT themselves as they may have more insight into it. And when you do let us know for those that dont or may not:) would be a nifty piece of information.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly bro, i think your best bet would be to contact a dealership or SVT themselves as they may have more insight into it. And when you do let us know for those that dont or may not:) would be a nifty piece of information.
i could just bring in a small sliver to the lab at my work and they could do some sort of test on it. might be easier to get an answer that way

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah that would be a little easier, im sure they can melt it down or analyze it as is. isnt it nice to know that you have govt tools at your (or a close buddy who owes you favors :D) disposal:)

taxpayers money hard at work:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that would be a little easier, im sure they can melt it down or analyze it as is. isnt it nice to know that you have govt tools at your (or a close buddy who owes you favors :D) disposal:)

taxpayers money hard at work:shiftyeyes
Yep, we manufacture and process aluminum and titanium parts for multiple fighter jets along with several commercial planes. It's nice having access to some of the processes we have. i have all kinds of pieces of titanium just waiting for some kind of project............

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
The fix was not on the older cobras only the 99's from my understanding. They also changed the exhaust.
+1 They changed intake, exhaust, and a bit in the tune. Well thats what it says on my receipt from when my cobra had the fix :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts