Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm all ready to go burn up the quarter...well of course not as fast as i'd like to but then when is it ever as fast as we want it to be. So i got my front sway bar off, got the skinnies on the front and will be using my buddies 235/60/15 MT ET streets. I completey guitted the trunk area, spare, jack, parts, and entire rear seat area. Man all that stuff adds up. I hoping to break 14.5's and 13's would be icing for the first time out w/ this car. Engine is stock except Diabol Tune, CAI, 70MM TB. Has Borla off road exhaust, no cats w/ an H pipe and yes the stock 3.27 gears. Any guesses? I'll post the results tomorrow...:rockon

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
13.8-14.3 @ 100 lol hope those skinny tires hook for ya

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i ran a 13.8 full weight with 410s and exhaust with shitty tires

you should do better

·
Registered
121 Posts
14.0-14.2 depending on good of a driver you are.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
you guys really dont think hes going to run better than a 13.9?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If its an auto I'd agree with everyone.

My 5speed ran a 14.0 my first time at a quarter in 100 degree weather with just DR's and exhaust.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
im pretty sure the m/t's will hook plenty hard even though they are not real wide. make sure you get them nice and hot

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
you guys really dont think hes going to run better than a 13.9?
3.27s will slow him down quite a bit. Aside from that, he only has mild bolt ons and weight reduction. I didn't notice that he said he had skinny frontrunners. Those make a big difference. He might see 13.7s, but I doubt it will be much better than that being it's his first time to the track in the car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Make sure to do a good 2nd gear burn out. Launch at like 3500~4000 RPM's and powershift. You with your mods.. I'd say you should pull a 13.3 ~ 13.5 at like 103MPHish

Be prepared.. ET Streets will hook pretty good. You might want to make sure you have money for a tow or trailor the car up there. Stock axles dont like slicks... :D Trust me I know.

So i'm all ready to go burn up the quarter...well of course not as fast as i'd like to but then when is it ever as fast as we want it to be. So i got my front sway bar off, got the skinnies on the front and will be using my buddies 235/60/15 MT ET streets. I completey guitted the trunk area, spare, jack, parts, and entire rear seat area. Man all that stuff adds up. I hoping to break 14.5's and 13's would be icing for the first time out w/ this car. Engine is stock except Diabol Tune, CAI, 70MM TB. Has Borla off road exhaust, no cats w/ an H pipe and yes the stock 3.27 gears. Any guesses? I'll post the results tomorrow...:rockon

My mods...... and i pulled a 13.0

O/R X-Pipe w/ weld-in mufflers.
MGW Short Throw shifter
Built T3650 Trans w/ upgrades input shaft (rated 450HP)
Cobra aluminum Flywheel
Spec ST2+ Clutch
Aluminum driveshaft
Built Rear-end (Ford racing carrier, Moser 31spline axles, and a Ford Racing 4.30 gear)
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable Front and Back
Maximum Motor Sports CC plates.
Under drive pulleys
Diablo Predator Tuner
Cold air intake.
75MM Trickflow Intake Plentum
70MM Trickflow Throttle body
Intake spacer
New front Tires
New brakes and rotors
Weld prostars. 26x10.5x15 MT ET STREETS.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
If you are a 5spd, be careful launching on the stock rear and DRs, DRs are violent to the stock rear components

·
Registered
415 Posts
Even with an average driver mod that car should go at least 13.5 with the mods. I got my GT to 14.2 when it was 100% STOCK....

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i kinda figured a 13.5, but i didnt realize he was running 327s still

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Make sure to do a good 2nd gear burn out. Launch at like 4k RPM's

I turned my axle into an ice cream cone doing that with 4.10's on MT DR's.
I got a little over confident.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I turned my axle into an ice cream cone doing that on MT DR's.
Hence why I told him to make sure he has a way to get it home if it breaks..

But if he want a low time then launch the piss out of it.. :p

Here is my carnage..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hence why I told him to make sure he has a way to get it home if it breaks..

But if he want a low time then launch the piss out of it.. :p

Here is my carnage..
Seems like they snap right where they taper down. What was Ford thinking.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good luck tonight. I myself am going to a 1/8mile track tonight. Wish it was a quarter mile but it is what it is.

My first time out I started at 14.4 and by the end of the night. Was down to a 14.1. The car was less than a month old and 100% stock down to the tires.

·
Registered
415 Posts
What tire pressure are you using?

I would start off at like 18~20 PSI in the ET streets. If you still spin then lower to about 16.. I wouldnt go lower then that... Make sure to make a nice SMOKY burnout to get them tire heated up. Just pop the clutch in 2nd gear in the water box and let'r rip...

Im excited to see what your results are. The track is so much fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts