Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Puppies!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Long time lurker! I just finally decided to actually be a poster. At the same time I just picked up a 1990 LX 5.0 Frankenstein! The owner before me did some serious work to the motor. Sadly I don't know everything he did but it has some get up....a lot of it. Pictures to come! Have to keep this short due to family tie with the wife, but look forward to learning a lot from everyone here!

Cya you guys in the forums!

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:wave

I was a long time lurker before I even had a mustang. :)

Check out the build sections, lots of dudes with great info in there who can probably tell you what you have.

·
Puppies!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As promised! I have more but I want to make sure that the ipad images aren't to big. Me and the wife bought it as our first big purchase and I look forward to building it up! But for right now I have to go look at flowers for the wedding ceremony:facepalm:. We got married last year while stationed in Korea but never got the ceremony so now we get to plan that......yayyyy......

Attachments

·
Puppies!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't seem to upload the picture right side up on the ipad. Anyone mind flipping it and reloading it? I'll have to upload them to IMG bucket when I get home. IDE do it now but I can feel wife's glare intensifying:bash:

Attachments

·
Puppies!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the rest

Boytoy-by Frankenstein I mean I don't know what all is in the guy said the guy who built it had about 7-8k in the motor. All I know is the guy may be a really good motor builder but damn his wires are a complete mess. Positive wires are green, yellow, black, pink etc. neutrals are green and black and negatives are red or black. I spent three hours tracing four wires from the battery to the starter relay to the starter. Then this really random wire running from the inner fender next to the starter relay over The trans (melted all to hell) to a bolt connecting the starter...so basically a ground wire that's just connected at both ends to nothing.

The weather stripping needs to be redone all the way around..hence why the interior is in rough shape due to the sun roof leaking and getting all over the passenger seat. Needs a new headliner too. Also realized while I was under there that the rack and pinion is bleeding power steering fluid like a siv off the driver side. Not gonna go into any more detail as it will all be coved in the build when I start. I have three more months in Korea with the wiff then getting stationed back state side...finally.

See ya in the forums

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Welcome. Good luck with the build.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.