Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have 4.10s and a procharger...I was wondering what I would have to do so I can somehow stay in 4th and not have to go to 5th..Its going to kill my times...Anyone have expeirence with this, I love the 4.10s on the street with it but i do go to the track sometimes and want to run good times..Besides 3.73s or letting off what could i do..would a 28 inch tire get me by?? Will a 30 fit??

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i think you'd have to do a 28" tire. Either that or shift into 5th and coast, you don't wanna blow something up or drop a valve lol.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well before the procharger and just 4.10s and a 26 inch tire i was about 5500 rpm threw the traps

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
well the procharger won't make you higher in the rpm range for a given speed, but your gears will.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be running more mph so there for i will have more rpm, everything is the same on the car when i ran a 13.25 and i was at 5500 at the traps, i bolted the procharger on now and im sure i will be hitting 5th near the end cause my 4th gear ends at about 100 i believe. so if i trap 110-115 thats 10-15 mph while in 5th..it will suck

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Def aint changing the gears, I am doing heads and cams, If I do heads what can I rev it too?? I was never a fan of alot of rpm, just seems to me that its not going anywhere that high..What rpm is the motor safe at

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
around 6200 if i'm not mistaken. high rev's will kill a stock 4.6 with a blower.

EDIT: and i should have thought about that, for whatever reason it didn't cross my mind.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
although the cams/springs/heads do play a big part in rpm capability, your main problem is gonna be the bottom end. it just takes $$ though, with the right parts a 4.6 is capable of quite high rpm's (a guy at out track shift's at 7800 with his fully built 4.6, for example).

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
2v or 4v

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya i shift right on red so im consistant, 5700 i believe red line is if im remembering right??? I just dont know if I should sell my new mickeys that ive only used once and get some 28s or 30s

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandity, ive got some 28" slicks that i will sell. They have alot of life left on them. Just throwing that out there. You already want my heads soo....

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep i saw you were selling them lol. Im going to the track friday so we will see how bad it is first

1 - 14 of 14 Posts