Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am putting about $100-$130 bucks out of this check to do something small to my car. Currently im looking at two options: ebay cai, HID lights....

I have always wanted the HID lights, I just love the look of them. At the same time, I feel the money would be better spent on starting performence mods. I currently have a exhaust setup done, and cai would be the next step.

Anyone have more suggestions, and/or links to some good HID kits for around that price? I have heard some people say the ebay HIDs are a good buy.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found this kit on ebay:

XENON HID H.I.D Kit H4 H4-3 9007 TELESCOPIC DUAL BEAMS - eBay (item 250209558644 end time Jan-31-08 12:49:49 PST)

Its a 9007 TELESCOPIC DUAL BEAMS kit. Im thinking this is the right one, with dual beams and the 9007 bulb. Feedback for seller is 99.7%, seems like a China based company.

it says its $66.26 and 35.00 GPB for shipping, no idea what this is in US Dollar. anyone have a better link or would this be a good kit?

Found this also, says its the dual beam 10,000k kit for $142.00 shipped

eBay Motors: HID BIXENON conversion KIT H4-3 10000K Telescopic hi/lo (item 310001300304 end time Feb-20-08 22:40:17 PST)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
not gana say don;t get a HID kit but just to infrom u. those r not real HID kits. but that is because it is imposabul to get real ones. u need to redo the head lights to have a realt HID set up.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
halo projectors look ricey IMO
in pictures they do... close up they aren't that bad...

make sure you go with dual beam HIDs... it gives you the high and low options back...

and you might have to go with a bomz intake... ebay ones aren't around any more for some reason ... maybe cause the car they were being made for is old

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, are the links I posted above good? any suggestions on a HID kit?

I know to get a kit that has both beams, but I am trying to find a good one to buy for under $200, cause thats what most places like stangmods and American muscle want

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Intake FTW

HID kits are
1. illegal
2. have a funny light pattern that blinds other drivers and restricts your vision

also those ebay HID kits are going to go out on you in a month if that. never get a kit from China they are crap, for a good HID kit that will last you need to spend at least 250 from a good company (german based being the best)

·
Registered
549 Posts
hmmmm, i know next to nothing about head lights but i do like the look of the blueish lights. could someone explain how one would do that? i imagine its not as easy as buying xenon bulbs off ebay and swapping them with the stock ones.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
hmmmm, i know next to nothing about head lights but i do like the look of the blueish lights. could someone explain how one would do that? i imagine its not as easy as buying xenon bulbs off ebay and swapping them with the stock ones.
uhh yeah it is that easy lol, you will get a good color but not always the best visability, silverstar Ultras are the best bulb replacement you get a nice wide bright white light

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you need a device that converts the electric input to work with the new bulbs... and it also has a different connector... so no its not as simple as a new bulb you need a hole new kit that has all the gizmos and gadgets...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
hmmmmm 2 different answers... o.0
both are correct in there own sense...

the silverstars wont give you the high end BMW white lights that you see but they will take out a bit of the yellow in the stock lights...

the HIDs are what come in the top end cars and provide better light and color compared to the silverstars

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I know to get a kit that has both beams, but I am trying to find a good one to buy for under $200, cause thats what most places like stangmods and American muscle want
check on ebay if ur gonna get entirely new headlights. i went on american muscle and found a set i wanted and then searched on ebay 4 em. i got them on there for less than 1/2 of wut american muscle wanted

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
getting a colored halogen bulb (xenon) will give you the color of the HID but not the brightness and easy visability, getting an HID kit will give you color, and brightness but bad visibility and youll blind other drivers since you dont have the proper lense or sheild to make the light pattern legal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts