Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best and cheapest upgrade you can do to the D16a6 motor that came in the 91 honda crx?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
well considering its just a single cam and not even vtec, i'd scrap it

·
Registered
73 Posts
my suggestion is to go with HMUSN haha or scrap it both good ways to go lol

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
b18 all the way. the ultimate sleeper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
D series= the suck.

Like has already been mentioned swap a k20 or b18 or 20 in it. I know a guy that is trying to sale a boosted b18 if your interested. A swap is most honda owners best bang for buck mod. Example, a stock k20 swapped into a ek hatch runs low 13's. If you did the same in your little rex then you would be in that neighboor hood.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
D series= the suck.

Like has already been mentioned swap a k20 or b18 or 20 in it. I know a guy that is trying to sale a boosted b18 if your interested. A swap is most honda owners best bang for buck mod. Example, a stock k20 swapped into a ek hatch runs low 13's. If you did the same in your little rex then you would be in that neighboor hood.
+1 although k20 swaps can be very expensive

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
D series= the suck.

psh try 12s all day
ive seen them in 11s with bolt ons, gutted and slicks

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1 although k20 swaps can be very expensive
I did one in my 04 civic coupe and it was around 7k. It did wake the car up quite a bit but it was expensive. I couldn't do a b series because the car was an 04 and in R.I. you have to have the same year or newer motor.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
knowing about hondas does not make you cool

it makes you :gay

1 - 20 of 33 Posts