Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.....i have been hear two WAY different storys.....some people say injectors can really help get you a UMPH, and then some people say bigger injectors are useless because no matter what the stock tune is only going to push out so much

i have 19#'s in my car right now, they are stock.....i have a set of 24# though, is it a bad idea to put them in now?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
injectors will do nothing for hp or mph or whatever. NOTHING. They are a supporting mod for when your stock injectors are pegged and you NEED more fuel. If you dont need them then you dont need them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok......with that being said, i have a very good question.......the 99-04 2v motors are the same, then WHY did ford go from a 19# injector that worked fine, to a 21# pink top injector?????.....what was the purpose in that? there has to be one

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
:dunno Did you notice any power difference from either? NOPE.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
ok......with that being said, i have a very good question.......the 99-04 2v motors are the same, then WHY did ford go from a 19# injector that worked fine, to a 21# pink top injector?????.....what was the purpose in that? there has to be one

I have no idea why it changed.

Kinda Reminds me of the 39# 03/04 cobra injectors that are comparable to the larger 42# Green tops found on lightnings,but in this case its 19s Vs 21# ers.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
licoln mark vii's came with 42's :eek:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I read something about them running out of orange tops and decided to just use the pinks instead, or they accidently started putting in pinks instead of oranges... Something along those lines.

Either way, sell the 24's and go buy mods that will do something for your car, unless you plan on going fi soon.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha in that case.......anyone want a set of ford racing 24# blue top injectors??......bought them off a buddy in the car club im in, they were in his car for about 7k miles then we went nasty big w/ a kenne bell so he upgraded.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
What size injectors would be appropriate if you have cams/heads/full bolt-ons making 290-310 rwhp?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
stock more than likely...24 would do to.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts