Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is an old topic that has been discussed several times, and i have searched and i have read many diff posts...
Is there any other way (besides hood pins) (and yes i have adjusted my hood, it looked like crap) to keep your hood from bouncing?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But do hood pins actually stop the bounce or just prevent the hood from coming up if the latch fails?
stupid question i know

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
But do hood pins actually stop the bounce or just prevent the hood from coming up if the latch fails?
stupid question i know
Part of the reason the hood bounces is because there is nothing holding it down in the corners. (I'm assuming you are talking about the flutter) in which case the hood pins will physically prevent the hood from moving up at the corners and the latch holds it in the middle. Thus eliminating all hood bounce, flutter, or whatever you want to call it :)

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Absolutely. I installed my hoodpins and PRESTO, no more hood flutter. You won't regret it and +1 on the Shelby pins.

oh, and on top of functionality...they look BAD ASS! :rockon

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Mine stopped with an adjustment. Did you do it yourself or have Ford look at it?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If your hood sits too high when you adjust the hood stops (at the factory latch height), adjust your latch to sit slilghtly lower than OE, the adjust your hood stops until your hood is even with the fenders. Remember though, it doesn't take much to obtain this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.