Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, im trying to decided between getting one of these options:

1. GT Hood w/ Scoop
  2. Cowl Hood (cause I *might* do a M112 setup at some time)
  3. Repaint Current hood (its chipped bad)

You can tell what my hood looks like from my sig.. I can post some more pics if it will help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know what it is about cowl hoods but i think they look sexy as hell lol. Either that or maybe a gt hood with a black scoop, i think that would look good also. There's nothing wrong with the one you have either.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl, cowl. Even if you never did the M112, get the cowl.

Just be sure that you get one that is big enough to clear whatever setup you *might* do in the future, but nothing ridiculous.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if a place to get a quality cowl hood for a decent price? Local body shop quoted me $250 to repaint mind... seems a bit high to me.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Damn $250 for the hood? A shop near me repainted all 4 doors on my parents old Jeep Grand Cherokee for like $75 per door (they did a good job too). I'd say look for some other body shops and see if they quote you any lower.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far I have a quote of $250, $350, and $450. Atm the first shop I went to is the cheapest... I see online where I can get one pre painted for $400 but it would then cost another $75 to ship. Freaking hoods are expensive.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a GT Hood one state away for sale for $200 shipped... might grab it since the price is good. Thats my main concern here is price. Plus I love the look of the GT hood with a black scoop. Would match my car as well.

If I ever have the need for a cowl I can always sell this one. Im sure there will be someone out there that will need a GT Hood.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Go hoodless and get all the air your engine needs:D, just dont drive in rain.... But no seriously I have a GT hood, but i think those cowls are mighty damn sexy, I may get one myself.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im currently the high bidder for this GT Hood... $100 with $50 shipping. Not bad at all. I reallllly hope no one Does the Buy it now which is $150 +$50 shipping.

Its a great deal, hence why I am going with the GT Hood.

I tried to get a GT Hood awhile back from a member here but I got ripped off. In the end I got my money back and he got banned... :lmao

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.