Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright time for a new hood. I hate my stalker 2, and its cracking from being slammed by ppl that don't know how to close the hood. Surface cracks in the carbon fiber from low qual piece i guess.

Anyways, i want cooling efficiency. So im thinking a cowl 2-3 inch is the best bet for functionality and looks.

I would like a cobra 2000 R but i have not found one with functional vents... and closed cowl.

Another option is termi heat extractor, but the placement of the vents are too far forward. With the KB and headers behind the opening, i think the heat would build up towards the back wouldn't it?

So i need opinions on my options! And pictures, anybody got some pics of a few of where they got theirs? I have seen some cowl's that are closed in the back, and that is lame! Most don't have a back view of them.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If the cowl you get or find for cheap is closed that's when you cut the hole out your self and ethier rivet or fiberglass in some mesh screen from the inside

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Like said above, if you like the Cobra R, get it and cut the vents open. That is what most people do.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
cutting a cowl would be the easiest, i had a heat extractor hood, non oem that had a small 2" cowl to it and had vents in the back of the hood also, its the black one in my sig pics, i sold it to a member on here a few months back, idk what brand it was, it wasnt cervinis and the previous owner said he got it from LMR but they only sell cervinis last time i checked

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you guys are saying customizing one isn't that big of a deal? I could just buy one and have the body shop cut open the vents? Will need to be painted anyways. I just thought cutting the vents in a cobra R was a pain in the ass?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
So you guys are saying customizing one isn't that big of a deal? I could just buy one and have the body shop cut open the vents? Will need to be painted anyways. I just thought cutting the vents in a cobra R was a pain in the ass?
Just dont go to a big time production shop to have them "cut out the vents" or youre gonna pay out the ass.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea what he said... Some people well make it out to be harder than it really is and charge out the nose....

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Yea what he said... Some people well make it out to be harder than it really is and charge out the nose....
You got the right idea, but its not so much as people making out to be so far its an issue of "getting in the way". A true production shop is there to do real production work such as wrecks/insurance work not bs like painting someones aftermarket hood for their hot rod etc. Some everyday person wanting their aftermarket hood painted and modified, especially being what a shop would call "customer pay" vs DRP is more of an inconvenience to the shop and techs rather than work that is going to pay and make money so theyll charge you more [on the management/adjuster side] and half ass it [on the tech side] and do whatever to get it out the door asap. Your best bet in such situation is to go to a smaller slower shop that actually needs the work or a shop that does stuff like youre looking for.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Then you find places like the people who fixed my car after I hydroplained into a fence and they half assed it and took for ever...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok good deal guys, ill probably go to a shop and get it estimated and have pictures to say, "can you do this". I have some other minor stuff while it is there too. Like the back window has a leak (vert seal), and the front window goes up too high where it gets caught on the vert top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts