Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to get a new hood. I was driving yesterday and my hood came unlatched cracked in half, hit the windshield and busted it. The hood was too tight with the windstar. So I have done some reasearch on the duraflex hood and I am wanting yalls oppinions.
Is this a good hood? I dont have alot to spend either. So lets hear your oppinions and see what you can help me find please. Thanks
99-04 FORD MUSTANG DuraFlex FIBER GLASS COWL HOOD | eBay

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
idk do some research on that brand. of heard some of those cheap aftermarket brand hoods just dont fit well at all.

·
Registered
530 Posts
thats why i dont trust aftermarket pieces, my advice> go OEM

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Says the guy with aftermarket stuff..

Reactions: 2000stallion

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the American Muscle hoods?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
I've heard good about them.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is looking like a pretty good deal

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This is after I straightened it down to drive.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks. I had it happen to me not too long ago. I bought a cowl hood.
I think FORD had a defect on silver mustangs hoods causing the owners to buy cowl hoods... ;)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im sure we can work the red ones in. I wasnt even worried about the hood, needed a new one anyway, it was messed up at the front, and this style didnt close with the windstar.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that looks like a trufiber style hood. i got mine from abcexclusive.com check them out.
How was fitment? Was it worth it? Better than the duraflex crap I have been reading?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
all of my body parts (bumpers, wings etc) are all oem thank you very much
Does OEM make a cowl hood, or a hood that is not like the one I have with the downward scoop? If so, where can I find this?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Does OEM make a cowl hood, or a hood that is not like the one I have with the downward scoop? If so, where can I find this?
lol OEM isnt a brand it stands for (original equipment manufacturer) but anyways probably the closest thing is the cobra R hood but findin an actual oem one of those would probably be difficult. im sure there are good aftermarket hoods you can buy but your never 100% sure, you know?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
American Muscle Kaenen cobra hoods are da bomb from what I have been gathering and reading.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts