Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a forum noobie. I just got an 07 Mustang about 3 weeks ago. I'm looking to get a new hood or scoop on it. I'm a big fan of the Shaker style hoods. I don't really want to get the fully functioning system, that's a bit out of my price range right now. I have noticed on a few websites that there's a good selection of the scoops to choose from. Which would you guys recommend, as far as brands and installation? Or would it be a better idea to go ahead and get the full hood? Any and all information is great and I appreciate it!

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
I'm a forum noobie. I just got an 07 Mustang about 3 weeks ago. I'm looking to get a new hood or scoop on it. I'm a big fan of the Shaker style hoods. I don't really want to get the fully functioning system, that's a bit out of my price range right now. I have noticed on a few websites that there's a good selection of the scoops to choose from. Which would you guys recommend, as far as brands and installation? Or would it be a better idea to go ahead and get the full hood? Any and all information is great and I appreciate it!
Basically, you just want to rice out your Stang, which is fine, to each their own. If you like the scoop, just buy the scope, get it painted to match or leave it black and just attach it with the supplied hardware.

Personally, Id save up and send the money for the Shaker kit + install.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Personally, Id save up and send the money for the Shaker kit + install.
+1

I think saving up for the Shaker kit would make you much happier in the end. Rice is sweet and all for a while but eventually you're going to want more power and you're going to end up spending even more on functional parts to replace ricer parts (which you already spent money on).

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
honestly the shaker is a waste of money 700+ bucks for 3hp isnt such a good deal, and a scoop isnt really rice since none of the 99-04 gt scoops were functional but they looked good. hes not saying I got 30hp from a fake scoop so no rice there.

just find one you like and it will come with either double sided tape or screws to attach it with

·
Registered
160 Posts
i did the shaker with a cowl induction. it looks pretty nasty and it is functional aswell. i have mine hooked up to a c&l cai as an assist. it gets alot of looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not really looking to rice it. I like the look that the older Mustangs had with the Shaker hood. My Dad had a 70 model with one and we were wanting to do something like that with this one. I'm not going for performance at all. Not going to race it, its mostly an aesthetic thing, but I don't want to get a scoop that is going to go flying off when I take off down the interstate. That's mostly what I was wanting information about. Things to avoid.

·
Registered
203 Posts
buy a hood from cervinis i have talked to some people with the shaker hood and they say for the money you get basically no increase in power. Buy a nice one from them and get it painted they look hot. They are a little pricey but its worth doing right so your happy the first time around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts