Modded Mustang Forums banner

Hood pins

• yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 8 44.4%

Hood latch problem

10436 Views 24 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  TheUNZippee!
Ive had the is problem for awhile now..out of the blue one day i couldnt get my hood to latch closed...did everything i could think of...raddled the latch messed with the part that you pul,l pushed the hood down slmaded it everyting!! After i slam it about 15 or some times it finally cathes..so i bought some hood pins but have been reluctant to install them..the car is ony mildly modded..anyways how to i fix that latch..get a new one and should i go ahead and put on the pins (love that look too) or would that be kinda "ricey"
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
No its stock..the only thing that appers out of the normal is that when i pop open the hood, the part that you pull to open it is reall lose and i can jiggle it?? Thinking that maybe a spring or something like that is just jacked up? But once i get the hood latched down everything is normal and there is no play of the hood or that part that you pull.
Push the little yellow tab all the way down (the one you push to open the hood up)

Mine did that yesterday. This helped my problem
Did you oil the hood latch? That is usually the problem.
I have the same problem i have to slam it shut. im going to try pushing the yellow tab down next time
WD40 can do amazing things

spray down the latches with WD40 and slam that bitch, itll work
I dont think there is an easy closing hood on a Mustang, cant be gentle with them. But yea Id make sure the latch is tight, and lube it up
anyone know where i can find something to hold down the prop rod under teh hood? my car didnt have anything there when i bought it. dont know if it broke off or what. but the rod just bounces around when i drive and that rattle is kinda annoying. plus cutting up the lining under the hood lol
there just clips, can probally buy replacment ones at autozone or advanced auto or any parts store, if not im sure the ford dealer can get ya some
I dont think there is an easy closing hood on a Mustang, cant be gentle with them. But yea Id make sure the latch is tight, and lube it up
speak for yourself buddy, my hood closes beautifuly. i have no problems getting mine closed.

i agree with the WD40, spray that ****er down and just work it. if the release is loose try and see if there's a crew of bolt to tighten up.
speak for yourself buddy, my hood closes beautifuly. i have no problems getting mine closed.

i agree with the WD40, spray that ****er down and just work it. if the release is loose try and see if there's a crew of bolt to tighten up.
you have no hood...:mad:
my hood closes fine...just let it go about a foot above the latch and it closes fine everytime. Now next time I go to close it it wont close haha
The hood is beyond the normal pain in the ass. i always had to drop it with little umf to get it closed. Ill try to spray it down that might work .. looks like the hood pin poll is 50/50.
usually let mine drop for about a foot as well...everybody cringes when i do it
My hood was flapping around at speeds above 80mph. And I do a lot of highway driving, so I put some pins on.

I wanted them for functionality, so I was worried about how they would look, but in the end I wound up liking how they looked, and now I don't have to worry about my hood flapping around anymore.
See less See more
on mine i have to make sure i push the lever back in then slam it and it closes
My hood was flapping around at speeds above 80mph. And I do a lot of highway driving, so I put some pins on.

I wanted them for functionality, so I was worried about how they would look, but in the end I wound up liking how they looked, and now I don't have to worry about my hood flapping around anymore.
They look good I also was thinking about the vent visors and a bug gaurd, hardly noticable on black, I have a mineral Gray car as was thinking of adding them, now that I see them on your car I may just get them.
They look good I also was thinking about the vent visors and a bug gaurd, hardly noticable on black, I have a mineral Gray car as was thinking of adding them, now that I see them on your car I may just get them.
HAHAHAHAHA :D
HAHAHAHAHA :D
Whats wrong silver not looking to add some usable accessories to your car?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.