Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car with this problem and now I am trying to fix it. The interior handle is hard to pull and then once pulled sticks and if you dont push it back in it will not close the hood latch. I am wanting to know if anyone has had these problems and if its the interior handle, the cable, or the latch under the hood. Or how to test to see which it is.

Also the ebrake is very loose, I have to pull the handle all the way up for it to catch and sometimes the car still rolls. How do you adjust the tension on the cables, it looked like it was right by the drive shaft as the cable splits under the car, but I needed a jack to get a good look and it.

BTW the car is a 93, THANKS

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I think th e brake is adjusted by pressing the brake pedal hard. Then yanking up and down on the lever.

As for the hood. Idk.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow im going to have to try that brake thing that would be too easy.

Is that spring under dash or hood?

·
Registered
75 Posts
try spraying some lubricant on the latch itself for the hood,also check where the cable runs might be kinked or pinched somewhere,mine was stickey also but i have a fiberglass aftermarket hood so i just removed mine and run hood pins

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thAnks for all the advice. I got a new cable from the junk yard today but im out of town until monday:-(. Ill let you guys know how that works.

I have the center console off but cant see directly how to tighten the brake cord. Finally found my 94-98 repair manual so maybe i wont have any other dumb questions since im sure not to much changed as far as simple things like this

thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts