Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an aftermarket Corbra for my 96 Cobra and I can't get the latch to grab, the safty latch is but the main one won't. I tried lowering the two black bumper stops all the down and did the washer trick under the torx screw, also raised the latch assembly. I really dont want to go with hood pins unless I have too.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Have you tried dropping the hood hard instead of easing it shut? That is what I have to do.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Maybe the latch is broken? Operate the latch manually without closing the hood. A screwdriver or wrench should do it. If the fingers close then its an adjustment issue. The hood isnt damaged is it?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i have to slam my hood to get it to close too and have to slam it rhe right way. its weird. anyways id start by taking a screwdriver or something to try to close the hood latch to see if it is working properly. then I would recheck the hood fitment. it has to be either of those two

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have to slam my hood to get it to close too and have to slam it rhe right way. its weird. anyways id start by taking a screwdriver or something to try to close the hood latch to see if it is working properly. then I would recheck the hood fitment. it has to be either of those two
Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My buddy came over to help me today, we found out that the keeper strike on the hood needed to be cut to allow the two latches to engage fully. I adjusted the latches and did the washer under the tork screw. It works great and no slamming the hood. Best of all no need for hood pins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts