Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just staring at my engine bay (like any enthusiasts loves to do) and noticed how crappy my hood liner looked. Its old, browning, very dirty, and cracked. I've done a quick search and I can't find any threads about removing it, just cleaning and repainting.... which is also an option for me.

Will removing it have any adverse effects? What does it do exactly. I assume it keeps the hood from getting too hot.

I've seen someone's sig with the hood liner removed and I hope he jumps in. I bet that removing it and cleaning the part of the hood under it would look alot better.

For a DD that occasionally gets pushed, how bad would it be to remove it?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You'll be fine to remove it. I think the guys who do Windstar swaps have to remove it for clearance. I believe there's a bunch of push-pins holding so just pop all of them out and it should come right off.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yup, just rip it outta there!!! Or go Xtreme and remove it with a chainsaw....JK,JK!!!

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
That's right... A bunch of push pins and lastly you'd have to unscrew that wire looking thing off the engine bay... See pic below VVV

BOTTOM PASSENGER SIDE

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Take that **** off and and paint the under side either BAB or black..

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
A whole... Pound.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is looking pretty run down. I'm thinking of taking it off and painting the pony white and the rest black. Need to work on the taping skills though :p
I am thinking about this as well. Removal just seems so much easier and cheaper tho... :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I am thinking about this as well. Removal just seems so much easier and cheaper tho... :D
Lol it probably would be, but I've got plenty of paint from other projects and I like doing little things that most people don't notice, just people who are really into Mustangs :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts