Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know its already posted and stuff and ive searched through 11 pages and none of them have PICS of the install i sorta need the pics cuz i dont wanna f*K up lol so anybody got some and any advice and any special drilling bit required?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My advice is to install the pins in the core support first. Then there's a couple different ways I've used over the years to get the holes in the right place on the hood. I've used modeling clay on the bottom of the hood and lowered the hood until it hit the pins and dimpled the clay, and then drilled there, but the clay can be problematic with staying on the hood throughout the process. I've also used a piece of masking tape, and a dry-erase marker. Put the tape on the hood, and color the top of the hood pin with the dry-erase, and then lower it down until the pin touches the tape, and it'll make a perfect mark where you need to drill.

No special bits needed, just start with a small pilot hole and work your way up to where the hole is the correct size.

·
Registered
968 Posts
When I did it I installed them were the factory rubber adjuster things are and painted the top of the the pins with black touch up paint and lowered the hood and drilled carefully. I'll post pics when I get home

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
What hood pins did you buy? I originally bought the FRPP hood pin set, but they were way too short. I wound up going to a local parts store and buying an $11 set of hood pins that were longer.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I just ordered the FRPP pins this week. I want to mount them where the hood bump stops are now. But I don't know where to mount a type of bump stop for the hood. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I just ordered the FRPP pins this week. I want to mount them where the hood bump stops are now. But I don't know where to mount a type of bump stop for the hood. Any ideas?
The FRPP pins most likely won't be long enough. As for the bump stop, you can just put a piece of rubber hose over the pin cut to the length you need with a large flat washer on top of it for the hood to sit on.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
What hood pins did you buy? I originally bought the FRPP hood pin set, but they were way too short. I wound up going to a local parts store and buying an $11 set of hood pins that were longer.
same here.

the FRPP set is nice but too short for any of the logical places to put them on a new edge car.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well I don't seem to have any pics with the hood open.

I used the "SS" ford hood pin kit that is not a very good quality stainless cuz it rusted on me really quick. I did have to drill another set of holes so I could use them.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
The FRPP pins most likely won't be long enough. As for the bump stop, you can just put a piece of rubber hose over the pin cut to the length you need with a large flat washer on top of it for the hood to sit on.
This makes me sad in the pants...

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
This makes me sad in the pants...
Me too, what I did was get a general rubber suspension bushing from PepBoys and cut it in half. I trimmed the bottom of the bushing with a dremel and it fits perfectly over the pin and keeps the hood level. I cleaned it up with the dremel and it looks pretty good.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got too scared to make a hole in it cuz everybody i know kept saying the cf will get webbing so i installed it upside down into the grill n it looks pretty good lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts