Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a set of hood pins at autozone the other day for like 9 bucks. any thoughts on this?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
will rust

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I wouldnt put that big of a hole in my hood, but thats me

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I had them on my 240 and they work great! I sealed them up on the inside and I had absolutely no complaints. You don't scratch your hood yanking the pins out, you can actually lock them without needed to re-adjust every 4 days. Only downside I saw is that you can't run dem cool lanyards..:cool:

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Dont like them... Would be a pin to keep unlocking for how much i open my hood

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
never once scratch my hood with mine

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Dont like them... Would be a pin to keep unlocking for how much i open my hood
You must open that **** alot! lol!

They make non-locking ones too... but you already have pins so... meh

I've just had bad experiences with conventional pins.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
only ones if seen like that are ricers that try to be cool. every one i know and even all that cars that i race with dont have any scratches at all. the only people that do are people that dont care

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You must open that **** alot! lol!

They make non-locking ones too... but you already have pins so... meh

I've just had bad experiences with conventional pins.
After every run at the track, every saturday in the summer

·
Registered
978 Posts
Meh....not big on the hood pin look myself, but then again if they were black and blended in with my hood............then maybe

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I actually kinda like the ones posted. However, I am not going to pya $95 for them. **** that. I will stick with my nice $12 eBay set. No rust, No problems, and black. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Lol ya they are expensive... but here in California they are really nice. A: better peace of mind. B: I got pulled over a bunch for driving a ricer and when they asked me to pop my hood I would get out and act like I was trying to and then tell them "****! I left the key in my locker at work...(which is on base and they can't follow me)"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.