Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed the Saleen grille on my 2010 GT, and it looks great. only problem is now the black plastic piece that used to cover the gap above the radiator cant fit.. i dont care about it being in there but thats what the hood prop latched into. so my question: can i have hydraulic shocks installed to hold the hood?

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Sure. There are lots of different versions available. Make sure you get the correct type for your hood (aluminum stock hood or fiberglass/carbon fiber aftermarket)
Try latemodel restoration, cj pony parts, american muscle, etc etc etc

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. There are lots of different versions available. Make sure you get the correct type for your hood (aluminum stock hood or fiberglass/carbon fiber aftermarket)
Try latemodel restoration, cj pony parts, american muscle, etc etc etc
awesome. thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I really liked my Redline Elite struts that I had on my OEM hood.

I just can't bring myself to drill into my brand new beautiful Kaenen hood..

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are there OEM struts for a 2010?

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even the premium GTs didnt come with them?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What location should they be in? Can you send me a link to how they are installed if you have one. I have tried everything I can think of to get them to work but.... Any help would be appreciated.
No, like I said I didn't put them back on my hood. If it's bowing than that means the mounts are too close together. The strut is probably not even fully collapsed when the hood is shut. So the mounts need to be moved further apart, be it on the hood or the fender. I would probably choose the fender but that's your call.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, like I said I didn't put them back on my hood. If it's bowing than that means the mounts are too close together. The strut is probably not even fully collapsed when the hood is shut. So the mounts need to be moved further apart, be it on the hood or the fender. I would probably choose the fender but that's your call.
Ok thanks

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
This is the one I used on mine and you don't have to drill your hood either.
I wonder if these would be strong enough to hold up an aftermarket fiberglass hood. The only thing I didn't like about my Redline Tuning Elite struts were that they slightly obstructed your room while working from the side.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I wonder if these would be strong enough to hold up an aftermarket fiberglass hood. The only thing I didn't like about my Redline Tuning Elite struts were that they slightly obstructed your room while working from the side.
Give it a try. Plus you'll get rid of that ugly ass prop. ;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Another +1 for the Cal pony cars set up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts