Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 V6 and i want to get the GT hood scoop. i know they sell one on american muscle, anyone know where there is a good quality one thats cheap and possibly a write up to install? I've seen write ups before just cant find them.

AND.

How do i remove the trottle body? is it just the bolts ? a write up of this would be greatly appreciated if it exists. :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Mustang Hood Scoop (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
theres a write up on the page.

As for having it painted, your going to need to hit up a body shop or someone to paint it when you get it, since for our year prepainted parts are not sold. Im guessing in the ballpark of 100 bucks for a good paintjob that will match the paint of your hood.

·
Registered
631 Posts
What color is your car, white and silver are easy to do yourself...If you have laser red it'll be a pita matching it. The install is throughly easy, it should come with a template to drill your holes, line it up, drill your holes and install done...

BTW: any custom paint store can paint match and put it in a rattle can, it will be more expensive than using the duplicolor at autozone, but it will be as close of a match as you can get. look to pay 12-25 dollars per can, depending on color.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What color is your car, white and silver are easy to do yourself...If you have laser red it'll be a pita matching it. The install is throughly easy, it should come with a template to drill your holes, line it up, drill your holes and install done...

BTW: any custom paint store can paint match and put it in a rattle can, it will be more expensive than using the duplicolor at autozone, but it will be as close of a match as you can get. look to pay 12-25 dollars per can, depending on color.
yeah my stang is white. ill check out those options. is there anywhere besides AM that sells hood scoops? cause its pricy on there

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
yeah my stang is white. ill check out those options. is there anywhere besides AM that sells hood scoops? cause its pricy on there
What year is your car? The 99-00 Crystal White is almost the exact same color as Krylon interior/exterior gloss white. I used that on a side scoop I got to replace a damaged one and aside from me not using enough clear coat, you can't tell the difference in color. Also, check ebay. Used OEM hood scoops pop up on there from time to time and there's always replicas.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What year is your car? The 99-00 Crystal White is almost the exact same color as Krylon interior/exterior gloss white. I used that on a side scoop I got to replace a damaged one and aside from me not using enough clear coat, you can't tell the difference in color. Also, check ebay. Used OEM hood scoops pop up on there from time to time and there's always replicas.
nah mines an 01. yeah im checking around, and seeing if there are just hoods i can get from salvaged cars for a couple bucks. cheaper than paying over 180 for the scoop.

·
Registered
631 Posts
that hood scoops only 109 with free shipping man... i doubt you'll do better than that.. the hood scoops on ebay always end up around 140 at the end of the bid..Junk Yard will probably run around 150 for a salvaged hood.. and some absolutely refuse to break up a good front clip that they'll sell for around 1200...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
It's not quite the same though. It's got sharper lines that work well with our body style and it adheres with double sided tape. I don't think it works with the honeycomb insert either. That would need to be modified to fit it I think. It just comes with a black sticker.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Save yourself some moolah and rattle can it!:D

Paintedy side scoops just recently... Got convinced by McQueen. Lol

Took two Autozone red rattle can and a clear to finish the job!

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Op you can get the Bolt on GT scoops on eBay for 80bucks brand new... I'll let ya look it up yourself though.. That is the route I would take

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I installed the xenon scoop from am, everyone has pretty much already said everything about it, not oem, shaped slightly different, no grilles work in it, black sticker to put in it, mines black so I didn't bother using it, adheres with 3m tape that comes with it, I've never had a problem with mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts