Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mustang Enthusiast
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my hood needs to be repainted and I want to keep it stock until i can afford adding power to the car and get a cowl hood. There is this guy on my area selling a 99-00 GT hood without the scoop which I believe was standard on those years. He's selling it for $40 dollars and how I'm looking at it is as an opportunity to learn how to paint which I would like to go to a local school for . What do you guys think?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Why can't you just paint your current hood? If you mess up the paint job, just sand it off....

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Well, for $40.00, you can't go wrong...lol....it's a great way to learn how to paint and I taught myself how to paint by doing the same thing many years ago without any schooling. Get yourself a "How to Paint" book and study everything you can about it. Then, try to apply those techniques when you practice painting...:)

·
Mustang Enthusiast
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah I forgot to mention mine had the hood scoop but just wanted to hear some of your guy's opinions if it would look good with out it. And yeah for $40 i think it would be great to learn how to paint on, that could save me some money in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think the fake hood scoops are retarded and look terrible. I hate mine. I cant wait to get a cowl or cobra r hood.

Whats the point in having a fake hoodscoop that has no purpuse?

·
Mustang Enthusiast
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At one point I tried to make mine somewhat functional but I didn't have enough time back then. I wanted a terminator bumper but I rarely see used ones.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
^ I like the cowl hoods too but haven't ever seen a cobra hood on a gt or anything other than a cobra. Could look good though.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
I think the fake hood scoops are retarded and look terrible. I hate mine. I cant wait to get a cowl or cobra r hood.

Whats the point in having a fake hoodscoop that has no purpuse?
Same point as our fake side scoops. They look good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
scoop for sure

·
Mustang Enthusiast
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I didn't have time to see the guy today but I will just learn on my own hood, so that means I will be keeping my scoop :yes

1 - 20 of 34 Posts