Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first new mustang (I had a 76 with a 351W when I was 18). It is an 08 GT stick with the 3.55's. My question is this-do all the 08's have the hood scoop? Is this the first year for it? I plan to get a CAI and tune and an aluminum driveshaft. From what I have read, I could possibly run a 12.9 quarter. Any thoughts? I was also thinking about the delete plates? are they worth it?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Tune,DS,Delete Plates,CAI, and you will be at the least low 13's maybe 12's with tires and you know how to drive the long throw shifter

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
Got my first new mustang (I had a 76 with a 351W when I was 18). It is an 08 GT stick with the 3.55's. My question is this-do all the 08's have the hood scoop? Is this the first year for it? I plan to get a CAI and tune and an aluminum driveshaft. From what I have read, I could possibly run a 12.9 quarter. Any thoughts? I was also thinking about the delete plates? are they worth it?
THE HOOD SCOOP IS PART OF THE GT APPEARANCE PACKAGE. & THEY STARTED THAT ON THE 07s. THAT PACKAGE INCLUDES ROLLED EXAUST TIPS, HOOD SCOOP, & THE INTAKE COVER.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW STANG!!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hood scoop has been optional (EDITED from my earlier, wrong statement) and is usually part of the GT performance and appearance package. My '08 GT has neither hood scoop nor rear wing.

CAI, tune, shaft and 4.10 gears have been popular first mod choices. Delete plates are more iffy. Some report loss of low end torque with the delete plates.

Welcome to the fold, congrats and enjoy the GT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts