Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get my mother a decal for her hood, but can't find exactly what I want...shes got a 2010 V6 vert, and I want to get her a vinyl stripe to cover the whole raised cowl on the hood (which totally makes us 05 guys waaay jealous:D) most of the ones I've found just cover the middle of the cowl, or just the spears for the sides...Thanks for the help!

Nick

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I got my 2010 GT the dealership threw in vinyls for free for me I chose to go with the full stripes but the one that covered just the raised portion of the cowl looks way better in person than I thought it would. Go to your local body shop and ask them about it, idk if its common or not but the shop my mom takes her stuff too after she crashes (often) does some custom vinyl work...they would prolly be able to get you exactly what you want if you can't find it anywhere else and it would be a total one off job...good luck

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I got my 2010 GT the dealership threw in vinyls for free for me I chose to go with the full stripes but the one that covered just the raised portion of the cowl looks way better in person than I thought it would. Go to your local body shop and ask them about it, idk if its common or not but the shop my mom takes her stuff too after she crashes (often) does some custom vinyl work...they would prolly be able to get you exactly what you want if you can't find it anywhere else and it would be a total one off job...good luck
:D I laughed so hard at "the shop my mom takes her stuff too after she crashes (often)" I'll look around and see what I can find local...

Did you buy direct from Ford? If so then I think I could hook her up, my Grandfather is head of the parts department of a Ford dealer:D I love having a Ford family

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were me I would just get it painted on. Nothing beats paint...vinyl tends to chip peel and bubble.
My mom isn't really too into spending more money than necessary on her car, I'm already having trouble trying to convince her to get a tuner/CAI package for her car...lol. Plus she wants to "see how it looks" before 100% committing...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Where did you find the vinyls for the raised part and the spears?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Try autotrimdesign.com ( no relation ). I found them when I was getting stripes. Many colors and styles, pre cut. Good quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts