Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea this lady decides its ok to go in reverse at a stop signal in her jeep and ram into the front of my car.. destroying my hood, and needing a replacement on my grill now too.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

So instead of just going with a stock again... I'm looking into after market hoods.

So far i really like these:

1. Venom Hood (just a little bit pricey)
ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood

2. GTS-3 (or 4) HOOD
ford mustang ram air heat extraction fiberglass hood

3. 05-09 GT-500 Type IV Ram Air Hood
Larger view

Now i dont see much of a difference from venom to the gts-3/4. But i do see the slight different in the cirvini compared to these two. Does the cirvini intakes have any grill like the venom/gts? Without it i think wouldnt look very good and cheap.

Now my next question is though, with cirvini they can send it out painted which is nice, because they are the creators of there own parts, and if i go with one of the other two i dont know how much ill be paying for paint.

In total the ladies insurance will have to cover 1,580 of parts cost (hood, Hinges, and front grill) then they estimate another 1500 in labor costs, so once i get the insurance estimate on monday im betting ill be getting any where from 2500,-3000 back.

Cant use that all on fun stuff though because that labor work adds up it looks like. However with the first two quotes I've gotton, it looks like paint was already applied for what would be needed for the "Stock hood" ???? So maybe thats already covered?

Any one guesstimate how much one of those hoods above would cost.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh also! Forgot to add in my Q about the grill.
Since I'd like to get a billet grill, I'd like to get one with fog lights, but the current grill on it has to be replaced and dont most grills "snap on" the original or somthing? Confused there

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
cervini's makes a very quality product. the only thing i wish is that they would do carbon fiber versions of their hoods. the fiberglass is significantly heavier than our stock aluminum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts