Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pull the lever to pop the hood on my car and nothing. Can anyone help me out here? I wanted to clean my K&N air filter.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
pull harder, or pop off the plastic clip and pull the cable, or the cable may have come undone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I got the hood to pop. All I did was keep pulling and it finally poped. The K&N air filter is more of a pain than I thought it would be to get off though. May not happen today, since I live in a apartment and don't have a garage or anything just a flat head screwdriver.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
lol should be all you need

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I don't know I loosened the clip on the filter and went to pull it off it will not move. I don't feel like messing with it all day. I thought it would come right off with the clip loosened.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it should, loosen the clamp and twist it a bit if it is stuck

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i just cleaned and re-oiled mine...what a difference a clean airfilter can make! mine was filthy and never thought id feel a difference after cleaning but i definitly do...

·
Registered
549 Posts
if its the one im thinking of its just a hose clamp on the filter. i did mine not to long ago and it can get stuck a bit. a few twists back and forth should get it off pretty easily.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
the lines on hoods work on a tension system, if they come lose from where they originaly are routed, then they wont work, make sure you put it back to where it is suppose to go and make sure its slightly taught before you shut it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts