Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I want to trade my hood 6" cowl and I have a chance for a stock hood I just have one question before I do it

Will my engine get any hotter? like it stays really cool but I didnt know how much the cowl helped if it did?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
keep the hood...dont just trade it if u want a stock one sell that one and buy a stock hood for 1/2 as much

·
Registered
371 Posts
ill trade you mine for yours. hahaha

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much should I sell her for and I would need one ASAP cant run her without a hood and i havnt seen any around here the guy is willing to paint it any color i want its not in the best of condition see check it out notice the back closest to windshield whats wrong with it?or not normal should I say

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
lol i knew that was going to come up very soon...lol

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much could I get for the hood guestimation?

·
Registered
396 Posts
since we are on this topic...my stock hood doesnt fit anymore since i got a 1'' heat spacer for the trick flow, so where is the best place to buy one....i have one in mind that i like but need to find the best deal

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude i would so trade you if you werent so far away lol

·
Registered
396 Posts
road trip....lol i just put the cam in and timing chain and dampener she runs like new.....lol i would almost drive to you...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol man i would be afraid to run her that long I havnt done a full overview of my mustang if it wasnt for that id do a road trip

·
Registered
396 Posts
ha yea i just got done a few hours ago...except the valve covers i got were a bitch cause they came with no hardware and i had to get some and then one bolt goes all the way through the valve cover...whoever designed those is an ass

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol that sucks honestly i dont realy know what all to look for over my mustang so I have faith in her to drive her along ways this is my 2nd car any ideas?

·
Registered
396 Posts
you could always get a rebuild gasket kit...lol tear it apart clean everything inspect it and put it back together then you would know....as long as you dont overheat and your oil pressure is always fine...with no leaks, you would be fine

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok yeah see she is good on heating and oil it is low I dont know if its right but it never hits 0 (red) its always above it and when i rev it it goes up but its kinda low is that normal?

and yeah i would do that but then I would never get her put back together and I wouldnt know what to look for that is bad lol
hey if you want to come help me I'll give you a free hood I just need your hood :D:D:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
its not that bad...just take lots of pics,, read your manual and remember how things came off so you know how to put them back...lol or just ask people here

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah maybe when i get some friends around here with a garage or something i have a parking lot i live in a apartment so how long does that take about a full day? for a non exp person or 2 cause if it is more then 1 i wouldnt want to do it here

·
Registered
437 Posts
since we are on this topic...my stock hood doesnt fit anymore since i got a 1'' heat spacer for the trick flow, so where is the best place to buy one....i have one in mind that i like but need to find the best deal
I myself have been looking for a hood, 2.5 cowl by Cervinis, best place I found to by one was American Muscle.

·
Registered
396 Posts
well to do a cam swap with two exp people it would of taken 3-4 hours if you ahve all the needed things.... and thats front main seal out, and top end...which is all you need unless your rear main is leaking which rarely is

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok come on who wants this hood right now all i need is another hood in good shape to fit my 88stang with hood pins on the front its a 6" cowl come on

1 - 20 of 30 Posts