Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but can't find a write up for my year. I know how to wire the gauge but where does the sensor go? Does it screw in some where do I have to drill anything out?

·
Noob
828 Posts
I was wondering this same exact thing. I just bought one

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on another forum looks like it connects to the block right above the drivers side engine mount.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ryan reps. Which size is for our cars there's a few there that looks better than going at the block.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Shoot man you got there. I would measure your hose and try to convert it over.. I think using one of those would give you less headaches in the end.

·
Noob
828 Posts

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Radiator hose going to the radiator from the block. Just cut and clamp.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Which hose goes from the radiator to the block?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
And it's block to radiator. I might have said it kind of confusing 'cause I wrote "to the radiator from the block." You don't want to read your water temp after it's been cooled, that won't give you a clue as to how hot the motor is getting. Another issue with that location though is you won't get any kind of a reading until your thermostate starts to open up. That is why many opt to put it in the block itself or in the crossover. That will give you the most accurate reading 100% of the time.

·
Noob
828 Posts
And it's block to radiator. I might have said it kind of confusing 'cause I wrote "to the radiator from the block." You don't want to read your water temp after it's been cooled, that won't give you a clue as to how hot the motor is getting. Another issue with that location though is you won't get any kind of a reading until your thermostate starts to open up. That is why many opt to put it in the block itself or in the crossover. That will give you the most accurate reading 100% of the time.
So is that the top one on the passenger side? I know it would be more accurate straight onto the block but I don't want to screw it up if I have to drill

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
If you want you can just unbolt your coolant crossover and take it to a machine shop or automitive shop. Tell them it's for a sensor and they will know what to do. I think there is a boss on there that works perfect but I'll have to check that when I get home from golf. But I believe it is the top one. It should be after the thermostat.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Hey Boss, do you happen to know the temp difference of the water before and after the radiator? When I set up water cooled PC's the difference in temp between pre and post radiator is rarely more than a degree. Obviously a water cooling setup for a PC is much smaller but the idea is exactly the same. Basically the temperature of the coolant equalizes throughout the loop and all larger or more radiators do is lower the highest temp the coolant reaches. Now I'm not sure if that applies to cars or not as there is a lot more temperature in an engine block than a PC processor or a Video card processor but that is why I'm asking! :)

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Hey Boss, do you happen to know the temp difference of the water before and after the radiator? When I set up water cooled PC's the difference in temp between pre and post radiator is rarely more than a degree. Obviously a water cooling setup for a PC is much smaller but the idea is exactly the same. Basically the temperature of the coolant equalizes throughout the loop and all larger or more radiators do is lower the highest temp the coolant reaches. Now I'm not sure if that applies to cars or not as there is a lot more temperature in an engine block than a PC processor or a Video card processor but that is why I'm asking! :)
Don't know for sure but I'm going to take a wild stab here it I would say about 20-25 degrees. I do know that the difference between tranny fluid in the pan is about 30* less than what is going to the cooler. Found that out when I was going to do a tranny temp gauge and wanted to put the sensor in place of the dipstick in the pan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts