Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Depending on the track and conditions, anywhere from 10-16 psi. Usually around 14 psi but I drive an automatic. If your launching hard from a decent RPM with a clutch, I would go a little lower just to make sure the tire will have enough give to absorb some of the initial hit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the track and conditions, anywhere from 10-16 psi. Usually around 14 psi but I drive an automatic. If your launching hard from a decent RPM with a clutch, I would go a little lower just to make sure the tire will have enough give to absorb some of the initial hit.
Thank for the reply and it is a 5 speed. They are going on some 15/10 SVE just haven't decided on 27 x 10.5 or 27 x 11.5. There is only a $3 difference.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have only used them once at the track. I ended up at 16psi but I should have made another pass at 14 to see.

Next track outing I'll start at 15psi and work my way down.

Mine are 28x11.5x16.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have only used them once at the track. I ended up at 16psi but I should have made another pass at 14 to see.

Next track outing I'll start at 15psi and work my way down.

Mine are 28x11.5x16.
Thanks for the reply, did you have any kind of rubbing issues or have to use any rim spacers? I think the back spacing on the SVE or 6.25.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Thanks for the reply, did you have any kind of rubbing issues or have to use any rim spacers? I think the back spacing on the SVE or 6.25.
Nope not at all but my rims are 16x7.5 V6 rims. I'm lowered also. They fit like a glove for me.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope not at all but my rims are 16x7.5 V6 rims. I'm lowered also. They fit like a glove for me.
Thanks, I'm lowered to. I'm not trying to set any records just trying to have some fun with the car hooking. I'm only running the back ones. They are gloss black to go with the Rovos up front.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I run 12psi in 27x10.5's on a 10in. wheel. Works well on the street and the track. I could probably raise the pressure to 13/14, but I rather have a little more room for error/give on the street. I have no 60ft. data, but I would guess 1.5x's.

Actually yanked the front left wheel on the street after doing only a prep burnout.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run 12psi in 27x10.5's on a 10in. wheel. Works well on the street and the track. I could probably raise the pressure to 13/14, but I rather have a little more room for error/give on the street. I have no 60ft. data, but I would guess 1.5x's.

Actually yanked the front left wheel on the street after doing only a prep burnout.
Thanks for the comment,

On the street, did you have a portable air compressor? How did they ride on your way home at 14psi? Who you go 27x10.5 or 27x11.5 if you did it again? What rpm do you lunch on the streets. I know all cars are different, I'm just looking for a good baseline to start with.

My car has BMR upper and lower control arms (nonadjustable), subframe connectors, 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Thanks for the comment,

On the street, did you have a portable air compressor? How did they ride on your way home at 14psi? Who you go 27x10.5 or 27x11.5 if you did it again? What rpm do you lunch on the streets. I know all cars are different, I'm just looking for a good baseline to start with.

My car has BMR upper and lower control arms (nonadjustable), subframe connectors, 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears.
I keep quarters on me and fill up at a station around the corner from the race spot. It's about a 25mi. trip one-way to the spot, so I fill up to 20psi and cruise around 75mph the whole way there/back and they seem fine. I got the 10.5's for a deal, so I would go 27x11.5, just for a little extra security against spinning. I'm running a bone stock rearend with 3.27's right now but plan on throwing in a spool & 3.73's and swapping to 29x11.5's once I have a built motor.

I launch off the transbrake at 4800rpm and 10lbs of boost. I'm running an airbag in the rear passenger spring to act as a anti-roll bar as well.

I see your from Mississippi, you should come our spot in N.O. if you get a chance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comment,

I keep quarters on me and fill up at a station around the corner from the race spot. It's about a 25mi. trip one-way to the spot, so I fill up to 20psi and cruise around 75mph the whole way there/back and they seem fine. I got the 10.5's for a deal, so I would go 27x11.5, just for a little extra security against spinning. I'm running a bone stock rearend with 3.27's right now but plan on throwing in a spool & 3.73's and swapping to 29x11.5's once I have a built motor.

I launch off the transbrake at 4800rpm and 10lbs of boost. I'm running an airbag in the rear passenger spring to act as a anti-roll bar as well.

I see your from Mississippi, you should come our spot in N.O. if you get a chance.
Do you do long burn outs on the street or just a quick clean off? Might have to take you up on that invite.

Thanks for all the info you given me.

Thanks to all the guys on this thread for all the info. This info will be very helpful to establish a baseline and quickly fine tune to get the car to lunch.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Do you do long burn outs on the street or just a quick clean off? Might have to take you up on that invite.

Thanks to all the guys on this thread for all the info. This info will be very helpful to establish a baseline and quickly fine tune to get the car to lunch.
No problem, as you can tell and probably seen from other videos our spot hooks better than the track.

I go from 2-3ft. behind the line, after I see them smoking in each mirror for a couple seconds, I left off the brake just enough to start rolling slowly and continue to taper off the brake till about 10ft in front the start line then I get back on the brakes hard (might not do much, but to prevent the tires from picking up as much debri as possible and get the front end a little lower for weight transfer) and then carefully backup in my tracks.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No problem, as you can tell and probably seen from other videos our spot hooks better than the track.

I go from 2-3ft. behind the line, after I see them smoking in each mirror for a couple seconds, I left off the brake just enough to start rolling slowly and continue to taper off the brake till about 10ft in front the start line then I get back on the brakes hard (might not do much, but to prevent the tires from picking up as much debri as possible and get the front end a little lower for weight transfer) and then carefully backup in my tracks.
Thanks man, one final question because I'm a "rookie". Do you do a dry burn out or add water to get started?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Thanks man, one final question because I'm a "rookie". Do you do a dry burn out or add water to get started?
I do a prep burnout. Instead of using water I use a homemade mix of methanol, acetone, coke syrup, alcohol and a few other compounds, this helps the tires get softer/stickier. Sometimes we'll spray the start line with it if it's not sticky already.

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
PJ1 works pretty well on the street also. SRT, your building 10psi on brake?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also what did you run at the track? I watched your video on YouTube but didn't see a et.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
PJ1 works pretty well on the street also. SRT, your building 10psi on brake?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also what did you run at the track? I watched your video on YouTube but didn't see a et.
Yep, full boost 8-11psi on the transbrake. The track was a grudge event and the entire timing system and tree went out hours before the event so it was a disaster, no times or data for runs. I'm gonna go get a time on it once the temps drop in the 50's/60's, 10's should be easy going off how it's running in 90* humid weather.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts