Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just used one of those stone bottle brushs to hone my block and get the glaze off for a rebuild. I did not put the mains back on and torque them down before i did it and some people say you should do it, some say you must and some say its not that big a deal. Anyone can claim they know for sure???

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
I do not know, But welcome to the MM Forums! Someone will chime in and let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, fairly regular guy in Bronco Classics as this 351W in being dropped into a '69. Should be sweet.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Hell yeah, Post up pics of your work too.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
you're supposed to as those can distort the block.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
actually, what is really the big deal is the cylinder heads, that's why they make torque plates because that can distort the block the way it would be with heads on.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
actually, what is really the big deal is the cylinder heads, that's why they make torque plates because that can distort the block the way it would be with heads on.
That's what I've heard, but I also thought that was mostly important for doing boring, not necessarily for honing. I certainly don't think not doing it is going to mess anything up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts