Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent the weekend installing the Ford 1" drop springs. It was quite an adventure. I also installed a Ford brake cooling kit I bought awhile ago. I also discovered the tie-rod boots were split, so I put in new outer tie-rod ends while it was apart.

The front dropped down the advertised 1", the rear however only dropped 1/2".
I've only driven it 10 miles so far. Hope it will settle and go lower.

Anyone have similiar results?

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
They'll settle some, give it time. Even just the 1/2" looks better though.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
get some fat bitches in the back, that should fix her right up. I agree with the op it still does look better than befor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Like everyone has stated, give it some time. 10 miles really isn't that much. You should see an improvement in about a week or so. Not much, but some. Definitely looks better already.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx, for the input. I'll give it some time.

My guess is the original springs sagged 1/4" (almost 5yrs old), I'll probably get another 1/4" settling from these. And it all adds up to a 1" drop.

Very happy with the front, not sure if they sell 1.5" rears only, but it would be my choice now.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My Steeda Sport springs never 'settled'.
The higher quality springs never usually tend to settle. Their is a difference between settling and weight being put on them.

·
Registered
985 Posts
My roush springs settled. It took a couple months but they eventually got to where I like them.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
just throw some sandbags in the trunk...............

i mean what could it hurt. no one buys these cars for their speed anyways

hahahahahaha

·
Registered
961 Posts
my frpp k springs settled a good bit. it took a couple days, but like juco said, you shouldve gone with a 1.5 drop. my car doesn't look lowered, it looks "normal"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pbob,

haha, you had me there till the scroll, nice.

But like I tell my wife "Is another 1/2" really going to make a difference?" :)

Agreed, lesson for others, go with the 1.5" drop springs.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
The higher quality springs never usually tend to settle. Their is a difference between settling and weight being put on them.
This.

You've got what you've got.

If you want it lower, it is time for different springs. Steeda Sport springs will give you 1.25" in the rear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New question, is there an orientation on the rear springs like the front? A stop where the spring hits/seats?

Guy on another forum mentioned it might be sitting on the stop? This might be possible if this true.

I just put the spring in there (right side up) with no regard to spinning it like the fronts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts