Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Mustang about a week ago. It runs great for the most part but there are too little problems I am having. The first as that when I come to a stop it shudders slightly, kind of like it wants to stall but never dies or idles too low. I dont know if this is normal but I hope its nothing big. The other thing is when I'm going up steep hills it shudders as well. About ever 5 or 6 seconds it does it. It dosent do it all the time but every now and then. Other than that it runs great. Its a 98 V6 auto, stock, if that helps anyone.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
mine kind of does that too. where it shakes. Mine is a manual. I don't know what that is. I was just letting you know mine does.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I've got a 2000 v6 manual that sometimes idles low too. It gets this rumble going on like it about to die then revs itself up to around 1200 rpm and usually does it 2 or 3 times before it settles down.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Clean your throttle body.

Do you have your A/C on at the same time? if so, check the clutch on it. Ford A/Cs are notorious for shitty compressors on older cars.

Goto a better CAI. You can buy a Spectra 9372 cone and a 8145 adaptor for $65

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Ill give it a try. And no the AC is not on when it does it. Its a bit cold for AC right now. It sounds like its just a stang thing, seeing how many ppl it happens too. I did put new plugs and wires on, and air filter today. That has helped a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts