Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much horsepower will the factory Mustang GT two piece driveshaft take? I have a 2007 GT with a Whipple pushing 10lbs of boost. I will be running M/T drag radials. Not sure how high the rpm's will be at lauching. Thanks in advance:)

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
depends really.....probably sapping about 15rwhp ish......

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
well I've seen plenty of guys with 500+ hp and still using their stock driveshaft. I wouldn't recommend anything more then that though. I changed mine out because I wanted a lighter, more efficient piece and I plan to up my HP later on as well.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'm running 530 rwhp and stock driveshaft on Nitto NT555R 305/35/20s.

depends really.....probably sapping about 15rwhp ish......
Well, it's not able to be measured on the dyno that's for sure. It's definately worth that 2/10 of a second in the 1/4 mile though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was wanting to hear. I'm thinking I might be around 400+. Not sure as the car is new to me. I just have some other things I want to do right now ,so I think I'll wait alittle while before up-grading the driveshaft. Thanks alot

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
^ yeah i was on the freeway lol... about 5 minutes away from the amusement park i was trying to go to... i was in carpool and my brakes wouldnt work either lol.. car failed hard that day..

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What year V6? We have two piece driveshafts so that's kind of comparing apples to oranges if it's not even the same year Mustang.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I don't know what they are supposed to hold but I was putting down 545 rwhp and launching at 4000rpm with Mickey T ET drags.. cutting 1.65 60' and running 11.4x.. in a heavy convertible... it is still fine but I am switching to a one peice.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
^ why does your V6 look more badass than your GT?

And I think the most power run on a stock Gt driveshaft is in the 600rwhp range. Not something I would do but there are people doing it.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
^ why does your V6 look more badass than your GT?

And I think the most power run on a stock Gt driveshaft is in the 600rwhp range. Not something I would do but there are people doing it.
i may be wrong but dont the v6 auto and gt auto use the same ds...

and that is because that is the day i was arguing with the rep over that car.. my v6 had full bolt ons and it was ready for ssms stage 3 heads/cam's with procharger d1sc..

i was on my way to 6flags about 5 minutes away i was getting out of the carpool lane then my driveshaft snapped in half my ebrake plastic peices were flying in my car and my brake didnt work.. kept going until it got super slow then my friend jumped out and stopped it.the only mods i had were
jlt cai
custom h with flowmaster a/t's
jba carb shorty headers
4.10's with 28spline
livewires/screamin demon
and a custom x3 tune...

i was probably at like 220-225rwhp then my ds snapped and my tow guy had the vette flags on his calves... my friends brother was in the tow car with him while i was in my backseat with my friend and i heard he was smoking some weed while driving on the freeway lol

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You can go deep into the 10's with ease on a stock 2 piece shaft.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, that v6 snapped drive shaft was not a 2 piece when it started... What gives??? Do the sixxers have a 1 piece that we don't know about?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts