Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight so heres the story when i bought my car it had this annoying beep sound going off like the door wasnt closed or something. so ignorant as i was i didnt think anything by it and just asked the dealer if he could turn it off. he told his lil mechanic dude who than took the car for maybe 5 minutes. when he came back the beep was gone. i was like sweet. well after buying the car and actually messing with it some more i noticed that the horn and cruise control doesnt work (not happy:mad:) and that the air bag light is on. so im thinking the ****in air bag is done and thats what the noise was. anyway at the same time im thinking the dude cut some wire(s) to make the noise go away but cause the horn and cruise not to work. dont quote me on this but i think the horn goes though the whipper relay and the whippers are workin fine so i dont think its that and i took of the airbag on the steering wheel out to look at the wires behind there but they look fine. any ideas???? if anythings unclear let me know ill try to explain it better. thx guys

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol i just wrote a book about a "simple" problem...go me

·
Registered
24 Posts
take it back dude and raise all hell, im from new mexico too but stationed at fort hood and beleive me, the dealerships here screw soldiers on a daily basis, but i bought my f150 not to long ago and the slip yoke went bad, so i went to the dealership and they "fixed" it, well a week later the same problem came back i went back and raised hell and hey it got fixed lol.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
you've most likely got a bad clock spring (the cruise & horn run thru it)& dinging noise you were hearing was most likely the air bag module (in the very front of the consol, under the radio) they probubly un-plugged (the air bag module)it to make it stop dinging. make them fix it if you want you airbags to work.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I also suspect the clock spring is faulty. You can tell by the "Air bag" light it will flash 3x pause then 2x for a code 32 which will indicate that the clockspring is faulty

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the airbag light is on but it doesnt flash

·
Registered
998 Posts
check the fuses....there are fuses for the airbags, cruise control and horn that are located under the dash and i think the cruise also has one under the hood.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fuses are good.....what is this clockspring yall are talkin abt

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
it sits behind the steering wheel and the horn and airbags plug into it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts