Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed i have been getting around 210 miles a tank. I just replaced my spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, changed oil, and seafoamed but i am still getting horrible gas mileage. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
cat's
or MAF sensors :dunno

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
bad 02 sensor

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
o2 sensors

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a way to check which one is bad or would both need to be replaced, how much does one cost, and if one does need changed anyone have a how-to on changing one .

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
see if your o2's are throwing a code

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
dont matter a burnt sensor wont throw a code, if they smell like gas thats a good sign otherwise there isnt a 100% tell

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
How many miles do you have on your car? If one o2 sensor is bad...it is a good bet that the other three will go bad soon. I say replace them and get a wideband while you're at it. That is if you plan on adding any kind of power boosters in the future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many miles do you have on your car? If one o2 sensor is bad...it is a good bet that the other three will go bad soon. I say replace them and get a wideband while you're at it. That is if you plan on adding any kind of power boosters in the future.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
how heavy is your foot? If you drive very aggressively....yur gas mileage will go to ****. Its not always something broken on the car....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how heavy is your foot? If you drive very aggressively....yur gas mileage will go to ****. Its not always something broken on the car....
i don't slam the gas very often, i try to keep it light for my fuel economy and it wasn't always this bad, i used to get ~270miles a tank

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
any weird activity?? try cleaning your O2's first then replace them if that doesn't work... some say that blasting them with WD40 works others say get a special cleaner

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
if you live somewhere cold and your engine never gets to warm up then your engine will Run Rich which means you are dumping more fuel. I noticed this on my GT. In the winter my gas mileage went down a considerable amount. I really dont drive anywhere far during the week so my cars engine never warms up and runs Rich pretty my 5 out of 7 days of the week so thats something to think about too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing seems to be running unlike it did before, is there a simple way at removing them or do i need a special tool to remove them?

·
Registered
30 Posts

doing all four would be completely unnessicary since as long as i have modded cars, running a bad or without a secondary o2 sensor(s) have never affected anything in my fuel economy or performance.

just the front two would be a good idea, do both as a preventative maintenance kind of thing, takes away that "hmm i wonder when the other will **** the bed"

they also make special o2 sensor sockets, but a wrench will work mint

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok thanks guys, i'm gonna replace the front o2's tommorow tommorow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts