Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys do any of you have a decent guess what the horsepower difference would be.. Thinking about sending my p1sc to get the upgraded is it worth it??

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
well what are your numbers now and what are your goal numbers? the D1 can crank out way more horsepower than your stock motor can handle so that shouldn't be a concern. The P1 maxes out (efficiently) i would say between 450-475rwhp. The D1 can be cranked out to about 600rwhp. If you just want more power on your stock motor i would suggest just swapping a pulley on your p1.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
There's nothing in your garage. Is this a hypothetical question or do you already have a P1-SC as MellO suggested? Unless you rebuild you motor with forged rods, pistons and crank there is pretty much no advantage to a D1-SC. If you do plan to rebuild your motor, it is more economical to buy the D1-SC up front but if you are already running a P1-SC then you can send it in and ProCharger will upgrade it for you.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
There was a guy on corral and modularfords who over spun a d1 with lots of meth and timing and put down 700 but his tq was real low

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
How do you over spin a D1-SC? I've talked to tech support at ProCharger. Together we calculate pulley sizes. I need a 10% overdrive pulley and a 3" P1-SC pulley to even come close to overspinning a P1-SC. A D1-SC pushes a lot more air.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
How do you over spin a D1-SC? I've talked to tech support at ProCharger. Together we calculate pulley sizes. I need a 10% overdrive pulley and a 3" P1-SC pulley to even come close to overspinning a P1-SC. A D1-SC pushes a lot more air.
he ran a rr 2.8 pulley and a iw 7.5 crank, that will over spin a d1, and that is about what it takes to make 700 hp out of a 2v with a d1

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yep. That would do it.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
guy had a pretty sick modular build but now he is in the works of building a track only car out of it so it is back halfed and he is putting in a big cubic inch carb motor

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Understand, I like with a shop that does full tubler frames and back halves. These are drag only cars. He will work on other cars but his passion is 6 sec. cars.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
How much does procharger charge for upgrading a P1SC to a D1?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
he ran a rr 2.8 pulley and a iw 7.5 crank, that will over spin a d1, and that is about what it takes to make 700 hp out of a 2v with a d1
I have haven't seen a 700whp d1sc 2v. Around 600 is about it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sell the blower and go turbo. Trust me on this. a blower requires more engine mods to reach the same hp a turbo can do on an UNOPENED engine.
Ive thought about about it a million times, selling my complete procharger kit and buying the On3 kit but I just dont know how reliable that kit is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts