Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 95 mustang GT with a procharger p600b running 10 psi intercooled, bbk headers, p&p Typhoon intake, ford racing Roller rockers, Dual exhaust with flowmasters and H pipe Right now. When I bought it I was told it made 360 rwhp, this sounds like bs to me, am I right? What numbers should I expect with AFR 185 heads? Also what does a 95 Mustang weigh stock? Any info would be great. I'm shooting for mid to low 12's in the quarter with an AODE tranny with a 2800 rpm stall. thanks

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
im pretty sure you could hit 12s easily now

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
less than 400rwhp would be quite sad

nice username
OK, Anything above 400rwhp I can deal with....that should push me to my goal.

And thanks, The username matches my cars. The stang is 1BADD95...I have a couple others that go with it. This is my first ford though.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
12s should be no problem with some sticky tires

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Alright, I have a 95 mustang GT with a procharger p600b running 10 psi intercooled, bbk headers, p&p Typhoon intake, ford racing Roller rockers, Dual exhaust with flowmasters and H pipe Right now. When I bought it I was told it made 360 rwhp, this sounds like bs to me, am I right? What numbers should I expect with AFR 185 heads? Also what does a 95 Mustang weigh stock? Any info would be great. I'm shooting for mid to low 12's in the quarter with an AODE tranny with a 2800 rpm stall. thanks
you cannot just throw those heads on your car there is going to be some piston notching involved.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
you cannot just throw those heads on your car there is going to be some piston notching involved.
+1

I think the only aftermarket head you won't have to notch pistons for is going to be the twisted wedge. But you may want to consider forged pistons anyway if you're still stock shortblock. 95's came with hypers.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
94-95 computer systems have some major drawbacks too. I'd put a PMS, AEM or some other piggy back system high on the list of things to get. There is alot of power to be gained in the electronics of 94-95 cars, especially the automatic transmission cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
94-95 computer systems have some major drawbacks too. I'd put a PMS, AEM or some other piggy back system high on the list of things to get. There is alot of power to be gained in the electronics of 94-95 cars, especially the automatic transmission cars.
I was going to have it dyno tuned...can they get a good tune without a piggy back system or do I need one? Where is a good place to get one if I do. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1

I think the only aftermarket head you won't have to notch pistons for is going to be the twisted wedge. But you may want to consider forged pistons anyway if you're still stock shortblock. 95's came with hypers.
I was told it was a forged short block when I bought it, but I guess I don't know that for sure till the heads are off.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
yeah, just hit one of the pistons really hard with a hammer. If it shatters, it wasn't forged.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I'm trying to think of another way you can tell if a piston is forged by looking at the top...maybe if it has a part number on the top, but most do not.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I was going to have it dyno tuned...can they get a good tune without a piggy back system or do I need one? Where is a good place to get one if I do. thanks
I'm not sure if you can get a chip that will correct the factory timing retards. I'm pretty sure you will need a piggyback system like a PMS. The 94-95 computers have tip in retards, shift retards, etc which is the main reason they are slower than the 87-93 cars.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Can't you just stick a A9L in there and repin the connector?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Go strap that thing to a dyno for 50 bucks and find out for sure ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts