Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

so i was researching cam, and it seems with my current build, the anderson N-21 would suit me best. the only problem is i have to spend much more money (24 injectors, fuel pump, recalibrate my Pro-M MAF and rebuy a few gaskets).

how much HP gain would i get, ballpark, if i were to put on the anderson N-21?

my current build:
gt40 heads and intake (both ported)
with all supporting mods

currently pushing 242 rwhp 261 torque

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
it really depends on how ported the intake and heads are. If they are ported "to the 9" then yea, I would say worth it, would gain a few tenths.

otherwise? nope. I would save up and do a new h/c/i all at once. (no, I would put a S-trim on it. same price as new h/c/i, but with much much more power)

what cam is in it now?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
If you get the right cam/stall to match, I could see you gaining 40hp or so. Not to the tire most likely since you have an auto. I mean at the crank. You could gain 4-6 tenths with the right cam. The n21 is too small IMO. N41 or custom grind for those heads.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
it really depends on how ported the intake and heads are. If they are ported "to the 9" then yea, I would say worth it, would gain a few tenths.

otherwise? nope. I would save up and do a new h/c/i all at once. (no, I would put a S-trim on it. same price as new h/c/i, but with much much more power)

what cam is in it now?
Stock cam

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Most people don't realize that gt40s have 1.84 (i think... Too early for me) intake valves and the exhaust is even smaller! That helps a bunch with ptv clearance issues you may have with a 1.90-2.02 valve head.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep, it's a stock cam right now. the reason i chose the n21 cam is because i read the specs of it, and the recommendations they advised on it to seems to completely fit its need. it's good for a gt40 heads, good with a 3k stall, 4.10 gears, 1.7rr, the only thing that didn't match was it recommended 75mm TB which i have a 70mm TB.

if it's a ballpark of 40HP to the crank, i think that's completely worth it, but i also agree with army, i rather buy a supercharger than to redo a H/C/I combo.

i will read up more on the N41. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
also, would i have to dyno tune it after i get the cam in? i'd hate to spend another 600 bucks for a SCT chip and tune.
Never NEED a tune unless you got 30# or bigger Injectors all motor.... Mine doesnt have a tune and I've had heads/cam/intake on it for 2+ years now. Adjust fuel pressure/timing and it'll run right. But if you want everything out of it, tune Is the way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts