Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I decided that I should start giving my '01 GT a thorough once-over in preparation for my Colorado road trip in a couple weeks. Yesterday, I was cruising along and decided to turn the A/C on and make sure it was working. Turned A/C on, turned controls to "cold"...Nothing but hot air! Doh! :( So...where to begin? Is there a heater control valve on these cars, or is this a blend-door type of issue?

Haven't had time to dig into it yet, but thought I'd check here first! :)
Lemme know your thoughts! Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
You might need to recharge the AC

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
+1 I just replaced the rubber seals on my '00 after it started to leak. Clean the engine bay of oil and dirt, then check and recharge your a/c. It's as easy as pie. Then monitor for signs of leaks around the seals (the biggest area is on the recharge line).

If you need to replace the seals, I believe it cost about $7 bucks and a full recharge.

Good luck.

Also, check if your ac condenser is turning on when you switch to A/C. Your fan should kick on regardless of hot cool / or hot the engine is also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if the A/C was not charged, and/or compressor wasn't kicking in, I should still have cooler, recirculating air, correct? The air temp through the vents didn't drop at all, and the ambient temp at the time was about 50 degrees F. After about 2 minutes, the air from the vent was the same as if I had the heat on high. No bueno... :no

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Even if the A/C was not charged, and/or compressor wasn't kicking in, I should still have cooler, recirculating air, correct? The air temp through the vents didn't drop at all, and the ambient temp at the time was about 50 degrees F. After about 2 minutes, the air from the vent was the same as if I had the heat on high. No bueno... :no
Not in my experience, and I know hot.. driving around in AZ.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ditch it!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
blend door........ if it's blowing as hot as you say it is that sounds like a blend door is hung up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blend door........ if it's blowing as hot as you say it is that sounds like a blend door is hung up.
Yeah...changing the temp control from hot to cold makes no difference at all...just blows hot from the heater.

I'll have it out again tomorrow, so I'll be checking the compressor to make sure it cycles as well.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I over read the comment about it being 50 degrees outside.. yeah, that's a problem then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts