·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Grrr...I finally make my mind up and can't find the right shop!! I have an email out to Brian at Ridergrafix (which has, I think, a great rep) about getting a custom kit made...I want to get the 20'' superstripe (EDIT: Just for the hood) and a reverse c-stripe in some sort of medium/grabber blue...and I'm not really ok with ordering from two different places, I want the colors to be matches...not just close...any ideas Psycho?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
absolutely don't order from 2 places for the exact reason you said. the chances of them being the same exact color are slim and none. the only possible way this might work is if you get the part number for the vinyl from one shop and make sure the other uses the same exact vinyl from the same maker in the same quality.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
absolutely don't order from 2 places for the exact reason you said. the chances of them being the same exact color are slim and none. the only possible way this might work is if you get the part number for the vinyl from one shop and make sure the other uses the same exact vinyl from the same maker in the same quality.
I'm looking for a local shop, but I haven't found anything promising online other than baltimore street mods...but the owner will not contact me back concerning a few questions I have...Ridergrafix has C stripe and the super stripe I want, but its for the whole car, not just the hood...so I'm trying to see if I can get a custom kit made from them...

Do you Bob, or anyone, have any other reputable graphics shops where I can get what I'm looking for?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you can find a local vinyl sign shop just call them. usually they can cut out the pattern you give them. they make them the same way anyone else does. there is a program they input the length, width, and if you wanted to have a cut out of something like the ford/mustang logo they can cut it out into the stripe. think of it sort of like a printer only instead of printing ink onto a piece of paper it cuts the design out of vinyl

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a few calls/emails out so we will see on monday once the week starts who gets back to me and with what options...fingers crossed...

·
Registered
134 Posts

Bob is 1000% correct. Even when the same company makes the exact same color on different production runs, the color(dyelot) will be different. There are things to save money on and there is a time to be smart and not end up buying the same thing again because the color didn't match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts