Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
dude...i literally just made this post (glad it's not just me)...

so i was lookin around, found this website, and then this item:

Stage 3 Motorsports 1996-04 Mustang GT Pacesetter Long Tube Headers & X Pipe

problem is i've never heard of "Pacemaker" (i was planning on bbk or mac), but damn this looks like a good deal.

question 1: anybody ever use that brand or know anything about it?

what about these...

Stage 3 Motorsports 1999-2004 Mustang Roush/Magnaflow Shorty X-Pipe - Clearance

i know bassani is a good brand....but for $99???

·
Registered
139 Posts
well...i figure with the price they can't be that great :-(

some things must just be too good to be true....

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
dont know of anybody that has used them on a mustang yet, quality is said to be very low.
+1 i was looking at some last summer and found a website with some reviews about em and they had horrible ratings for their products for Mustangs

·
Registered
139 Posts
damn. yah...i want LT headers, but i'm also a college student. so $$$ is an issue. guess i'll just save up for some bbk or mac

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
damn. yah...i want LT headers, but i'm also a college student. so $$$ is an issue. guess i'll just save up for some bbk or mac
just make sure when you're saving up for certain things to check on 'em.. just like with the pacesetters. it'd suck to drop 300 bucks on something and it be awful when you could've spent 400 for something pretty nice. also, it'd be a very good idea to get your headers ceramic coated

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah, that's what i'm shooting for...does that header wrap do anything? and i know a catback will give great sound, but would it increase performance? do most gains come from the headers and midpipe, or does catback play a part too? cause i can just chop in the SLP loudmout mufflers for a fraction of the $$

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yah, that's what i'm shooting for...does that header wrap do anything? and i know a catback will give great sound, but would it increase performance? do most gains come from the headers and midpipe, or does catback play a part too? cause i can just chop in the SLP loudmout mufflers for a fraction of the $$
the coating keeps heat in the header and out of the engine compartment. see what is cheaper for you. the gains that you get from a full exhaust system is the increased diameter of the pipe as well as how free flowing it is (i.e. straight through muffler vs. chambered and o/r midpipe vs. catted midpipe). lts will give a better gain than shorties or stockers, but for the rest, exhaust is all up to your own taste and what you like the sound of.. good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i put some pacesetters LTs on my dodge ram 5.7 they were very good alot of guys put them on their LS1s i think they were great and they come with everything you need and all for a damn good price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hmmmm............. quite the catch-22

·
Registered
852 Posts
I would suggest mac Headers I love mine to death, I got mine from Lethal Performance along with a Cated Xpipe from LP and Pypes exhaust.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah, MAC seems solid and i love their CAI...guess there'll be no corner cutting on headers :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
yah, that sounds like a sweet set up. i'm deff getting LTs (not sure which brand but prob either BBK or MAC) and i really need to just search around for prices/hp comparisons/sound clips/etc for whether or not i'm going to get an h or x pipe (either way i will be putting pypes highflow cats on). then SLP is a must (still need to compare loudmouth 1 and powerflow).

one thing's for sure...i want it to sound mean, but what good is a car if it's not fun to ride in. so i don't want to have to crank up the stereo in order to hear it, or shout in order to have a conversation, plus (even though i do about 98% of my driving in tampa) i do make an occational 8 hour trip home and don't want to be having to pound tylenol in order to make it.

yah, that's my plan at least....i'm sure their are some of you who have done more research and experiements. so any input (i know there are tons of posts about this, so don't feel too obligated) would be great!

·
Registered
691 Posts
MAC LT's and MAC prochamber is what i'm going for..i love the way that combination sounds, there are a few videos with those two

1 - 20 of 20 Posts