Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so basically after looking at alot of peoples car stance ive decided i want to be more like them :D

Unfortunately my car looks nothing like it,

My car is lowered, Eibach lowering springs,

18inch rims: Front tires 255/45/18, rear 285/35/18
I am not sure if its 18x9 all around, I bought the rims + tires off craiglist :confused:

This is the type of stance i want to aim for,

(Zats pic)
Basically i want my Chin to point down instead of looking up,

This is my stance right now:

In real life you can clearly tell the front tire+ rim look taller
I am considering cutting front springs up, and putting stock springs in the rear to get that stance..OR if by any chance my rear rims are shorter than my front i will just mount the tires backwards,

also does anyone know if there is a chance that my front rims could be taller by looking at it? I cant tell if its the tires or the rims, I just know theyre 18 inch dont know if its 18x9,

This is my first car and i would appreciate any help :D

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
The tires will have the size marked on them. If you have any differences in the markings, then yeah, you have a problem.

I doubt they are different though. It's probably the springs and iso's you used. Aftermarket springs don't always make a stance lower. What kind of Eibach springs did you use? Did you replace the rubber iso's at the top and bottom of each spring?

I have H&R Sport Springs with all iso's removed and it's pretty damn low. I wouldn't want to go any lower for everyday street use. And I get more compliments on the stance then anything else about my car.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tires will have the size marked on them. If you have any differences in the markings, then yeah, you have a problem.

I doubt they are different though. It's probably the springs and iso's you used. Aftermarket springs don't always make a stance lower. What kind of Eibach springs did you use? Did you replace the rubber iso's at the top and bottom of each spring?

I have H&R Sport Springs with all iso's removed and it's pretty damn low. I wouldn't want to go any lower for everyday street use. And I get more compliments on the stance then anything else about my car.
Yeah your stance looks great, and Im not sure what type of Eibach i just know because previous owner said theyre installed, and my tires are
18inch rims: Front tires 255/45/18, rear 285/35/18

·
1,901 Posts
Your front tires are way bigger than your rears, that can be seen in the pictures. I have Eibachs on mine and it's much lower than yours. You could try removing your isolators.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
^You got it. 10mm difference in the sidewalls is actually more noticeable than I thought it would be. Especially when the taller tire is up front! I'd look into getting new tires for the front with a closer sidewall measurement. I think just that would make a big difference. In addition to that, as 89StangGT said, remove your isos. That'll bring her down a bit more! Good luck!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, i will look into it,

Would you guys advice also putting stock springs in the rear and cutting the front springs a bit or no?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would say no to that. The stock springs would jack your ass-end way too far up. That looked cool in old school muscle cars, but for a 2002 6er, I don't really think it works. That's just my opinion tho.
I'd say get some closer matching tires first and you might be surprised how nice the thing sits. If you're not happy with it then, try whatever idea you want. If that doesnt work either, go to some H&R super sports.
And if the previous owner "told" you they were Eibachs, who knows if they actually are...or do you trust the person? I mean people say **** all the time to sell stuff. You might just have stock springs that someone idiot hacked up you know. That could be your issue...

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
get the right size fronts...then take out the front ISO's...if you don't like the height still...cut the fronts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess im going to have to save up for new tires, dint really want to do that lol,

Till then is it a good idea to put the 285s in front and have 255 in the rear, or is that a terrible idea

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
don't put the 285's in the front, just wait till you get new tires. they will be probably to wide, and make steering horrible. i have 275's in the front and I wish I had smaller.

a chin will make it look better also.

·
Registered
275 Posts
spacer def on the back and way lower sidewalls 275/35 on the back and lf it is 18x9 all the way around get some 245/40s for the front and the nose will dip. 245 wont stretch but it wil look thinner on the tire which is what you want

and 89stanggt has prob the sickest stance ever so just do what ever he says lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yeah dude you need a 35 series tire up there. That thing looks like a life saver.

For reference I have H&R SS with all the isos in.

With less editing

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
like every one said, bigger rear tires and it would look great

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Isnt there an issue with it touching the shocks? Seeing how you will need a 18x10 rim for it? I had 275 and they were ok but that was on a 18x9.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
sure they will, you just may not be able to turn much or at all. I have 275s in front, and 285s aren't that much bigger.
Why did you go so wide in the front, My 255's rub slightly at full turn (lowered about 1.5")

and my car jumps all over the road when it has grooves

When i need new tires im probably going narrower.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I run 245/40/18s on the front and 295/35/18s on the rear. I'm not a fan of large tires in the front. I like it small in the front and BIG in the rear! :booty ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts