Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Underground
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That may sounds like a dumb question but I had my antenna deleted (properly deleted, not a plastic plug in the fender) on an old mustang and of course had no reception due to the lack of an antenna. I absolutely loved the look of the shaved antenna delete mod but would like to keep the use of my stereo.

I have an idea of how to get this to work, but am not sure because I'm not to tech savvy when it comes to stereos. If i took the mount and antenna that the car came with from the factory, made a bracket on the bottom side of the fender and mounted the long oem antenna down the fender, would this still get reception through the fender? This will give me the sleek look of no antenna while it's all hidden between the fender and inner fender liner.

I know they make those universal windshield mount antennas but I'm not so keen on having that thing sit up there and my buddy never got good reception with his. Im going for a clean look, not tacky. If there's any antennas like the block antennas for dual din nav systems that can be hidden behind the dash and still get reception that would be fine.

·
Underground
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt you can. You look ever look at the 8" shorty antenna?
I have a shorty antenna on it now. Im big on small details, I think they make a car when the right one's are paid attention to. I'd love to delete it again if I can figure out a way to get good reception without it in the factory position

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
To me, its very MUSTANG to have the fender antenna. Its always been there and I disagree with moving it to the back.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sirius Sat radio. Where I live there are no good turdesterial radio stations. And right now they are playing that dang xmas music. :facepalm: I would rather listen to the exhaust notes.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Wear an aluminum foil helmet and connect some wires from that helmet to the radio. You will look like an assclown but you won't have an antenna.

Do it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I deleted my antenna and replaced it with a metra amplified "hideaway" box on the top of my windshield. It sucks lol. thank steve jobs for ipods.

·
Underground
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me, its very MUSTANG to have the fender antenna. Its always been there and I disagree with moving it to the back.
I agree. I don't even like short antennas.
If you want to get etchnical about it, I guess its a good thing the 93 and 00 Cobra R MUSTANGS didnt come with them from the factory then huh:facepalm:

Im not moving it to the back, nowhere did I mention that. Im simply wanting to delete it from the exterior of the car and not use the plastic plugs for the void in the fender like came on the R's.

Heres pics of my last delete to give you all an idea of what I'm talking about.

·
Underground
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I deleted my antenna and replaced it with a metra amplified "hideaway" box on the top of my windshield. It sucks lol. thank steve jobs for ipods.
haha thats what I'm afraid of. Would be nice to know exactly what cars without ext antennas use and if we could integrate them to other cars. I read good reviews about the marine wire antenna recommended above though which im sure could be ran up the a pillar behind the trim and up above the head liner

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
If you want to get etchnical about it, I guess its a good thing the 93 and 00 Cobra R MUSTANGS didnt come with them from the factory then huh:facepalm:

Im not moving it to the back, nowhere did I mention that. Im simply wanting to delete it from the exterior of the car and not use the plastic plugs for the void in the fender like came on the R's.

Heres pics of my last delete to give you all an idea of what I'm talking about.

The 00 cobra r doesn't have a shaved antenna. It just has a cap over the hole and you can't really compare a cobra r to your typical mustang cause of what the car is. If I were to shave the antenna I'd just hide it inside the fender.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Ford Racing sold an antenna delete for the hole...original on the 2000 R and other late models...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
What about a shark fin style one like on newer Bmw's? Mounted on the back of the roof.

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
I'd run it in your headliner. Personally i'd get a aux cable and just use music from your ipod or phone. There are zero radio stations i like.

·
Danger To Manifold!!!!
2,378 Posts
I shaved mine when I was in my high school auto body class... Now my nitrous feed line runs through the antenna wire hole and I just listen to my iPod :rockon

He's a pic of the delete:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts