Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a single 12" MTX in a non ported box, it's a tight fit but it goes in. I had to take the carpet, spare tire, and jack out, put the sub in, and then put every back in in reverse order. Right now it's velcro'd to the floorboard, but now the entire floor of the trunk slides around, which is fairly annoying. I'm thinking if I can velcro the top of the sub to the top of the trunk as well, it may fix it... just wondering what everyone else did to secure the subwoofer lol

I have a vert so the back seats don't fold...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

thats what I had done in my monte carlo.... I made a base plate with the spare tire cutout (so I wouldnt have to remove the wood to get the spare out). Then had it painted to match the color of the car. then I could screw down the amp, cap, and the subs to the base and they wouldnt slide around!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Mine never slid around at all :dunno

Then again, I do have 2 12" Comp VRs and a large sealed box...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
check to see if there is any wiring under the floor then get some self taping screws and run them through the inside of the box through the floor

·
Registered
978 Posts
you can have 2 wood pieces covered in your color of carpet wedged into the box on each side that secures it to the back seat, and it gives you a three piece trunk look. i did that with my first car. but another route (which i currently did) is ordered the mustang mat off American Muscle and put it in my car and i tell you the box doesnt slide at all with that thing and i have taken some pretty serious corners and it hasnt moved at all. the mat is not that expensive, you just have to let it sit out for a couple of days and let it straighten out then take everything out your trunk and lay it in perfectly. Tapping screws will have a tendency to come loose after a while from my experience. velcro (depending how much you use) can also come un

·
Registered
304 Posts
i bought a black rubber floor mat from wally world for like 15 bucks and cut it to fit under my subs..the rubber grabbed enough so it stopped the sliding

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts

when i first put it in
Hows that 12 sound? i've got 2 and have always had them in sledgehammer boxes, i had my 15" alpine r in a sealed during the break in but now i have the 15 and both 12" r's in sledge hammer boxes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts