Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just looking at my car and trying to lower my idle just slightly. theres a screw on the throttle body that looks like if i were to loosen it, the throttle plate would rise and the idle would go down. but i adjusted the screw following the steps i found online, but now theres just a small space between the screw and the plate. idle didnt lower at all. The Mustang Shop in auburn, wa told me i have to adjust the idle through the computer via tune, but by looking at it, i dont think i do. maybe it just needs some wd40 to loosen it up a little?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Computer controls the idle. Do not start turning screws.Clean the air bypass valve and throttle body. Disconnect negative battery post for at least 5 minutes. Start car let run for several minutes. If automatic place in gear for a minute. If not just go to next step, run a/c for several minutes. Now drive car. May act a bit funny as it relearns idle and drive for 15 miles should be fine. Try SBFTech for idle set etc. May not be entire gospel I wrote for you on idle set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts