Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I build up my engine for a turbocharger? I wanna run in the 10's on some slicks w/stick, gears, and pulleys.

I'd probably end up using the Hellion Heat Kit or a small frame 88mm turbo from Precision. I'm just curious so I can keep this in mind when replacing things or adding performance parts. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
You sure don't need a 88mm turbo to run in the 10's. A 60 or 62mm would do the trick no problem. If you plan on going 88mm, you should probalby start with a 4 bolt main block(Dart, World, Boss) and all forged internals. Then you had better plan on spending some $$$$ on a fuel system to handle it. Also a stock T5 & stock 8.8 won't last long either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was basing it on that because this guy had added a built 302ci engine with a small-frame 88mm turbo. He finished with a 10.42 average. So I was wondering what I would have to do to get it up like that. And I've also been checking out Hellion Turbos. I think the heat kit comes with a 61mm. If I went that route, what do I have to do to the engine so I don't kill it?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Head studs, good head gaskets, injectors to support the hp, larger fuel pump, a good tune, and run it. You can get 10's off the stock block before you break it, but just keep in mind anything over 500rwhp is borrowed time. Suspension, tires, and practice are going to do more good for lowering your numbers. All the power in the world don't mean **** if you can't get it to hook and go down the track straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts