Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 86 there are 4 wires going to the clutch switch. What wires do I need to wire together to bypass it so I don't have to push the clutch down to start it?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Why would you want to do that?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah, bad idea. Just leave it.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
my wire was jacked up and my car wouldnt start so i ran a wire from my ignition switch stright to the selonid... now i dont need to push the clutch in..

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
are you trying to hook up a remote start or something?
if so, you need to have one with a neutral safety wire. a guy who worked for me pinned himself against a wall after installing a remote start without it.
that's the only reason i could think anyone would want to bypass that. and in any case, it's just not safe.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Remote starts are only used in automatic cars cause manuals have to have the clutch pushed in

And im with everyone else why would you want to do this :dunno

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Remote starts are only used in automatic cars cause manuals have to have the clutch pushed in

common misconception. it's ok, but ignorance is never a valid excuse, so i'll educate you. just messin with ya bud. :D

there are companies that make remote start systems for manual tranny cars. they incorperate a nuetral safety switch to ensure that the car is not in gear while starting. it does not interfere with the normal starting of the car, as the clutch safety swith overrides it when engaged. i myself, have never installed one. but i've had about 100 people try to get me to install the ones that i carried, or that they already had. they didn't have a manual trans. model. so i would show them where to get one, and tell them to come back with that one. noone ever came back. which tells me, they either went somewhere else, or just had theirs installed on their car against my advice. it's very dangerous to do this. but some people are morons.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This car isn't my daily driver I just need to know what wires need to be connected to what.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have a f-250 with a 6spd and I have a remote start on it.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
This car isn't my daily driver I just need to know what wires need to be connected to what.
Daily driver or once a year driver, it is not safe to disable the clutch saftey switch and there is no good reason to do it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone what wires need to go where? There are 4 wires?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
come up with a good reason why it is too much of a inconvenience to push the clutch in when you start it and then someone will help you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
come up with a good reason why it is too much of a inconvenience to push the clutch in when you start it and then someone will help you.
So I can reach through the window and start the car. Also I broke it taking it off.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i didnt do this.....this was how my car was when i got it but i know if that lil gold piece isnt plugged into that plug my car wont attempt to start
all that gold piece does is make a connection between the two wires

·
Registered
599 Posts

sorry bro... but check out compustar's website. our local shop installs a ton of them in manuals

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i didnt do this.....this was how my car was when i got it but i know if that lil gold piece isnt plugged into that plug my car wont attempt to start
all that gold piece does is make a connection between the two wires
its just a jumper...ghetto though...lol

if u want to bypass the switch find the turn key(start position) 12 v then wire that stright to the starter selinoid on the fenderwall

i like having my car like that cause i dont have to get in and out when i want to start it i just lean in the window make sure its in neutral and turn the key.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
but i didnt disable mine it was the only way i could get it to start without having to got through the wireing and figureing out why the hell it wasnt working...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts