Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 GT, How can I bypass the tc ????? I keep forgetting to hit the damn button every time I start the car

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think on the newer Mustangs you have to hold in the button for about 5-7 seconds then it blinks and turns off. Repeat to turn it back on. Let me know how buying your first set of tires goes! :)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
I think on the newer Mustangs you have to hold in the button for about 5-7 seconds then it blinks and turns off. Repeat to turn it back on. Let me know how buying your first set of tires goes! :)
i think thats only in the 2010+

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
i think thats only in the 2010+
The 2010+ you just press the button to turn it off. To use sport mode you hold the brake and tap the button twice. To turn off traction control and stability control I believe you have to hold it for 5-10 seconds. Never used that one though.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I too wanted to have the TC off when I started the car but still wanted to retain the ability to turn it on when I wanted. The link Nasty posted was basically what I did. Hook a relay to a "hot in start only" circuit and have that go to your return signal from your traction control button. That way every time you start your car it will "push" the button for you. Only if it doesn't fire up on the first turn of the key do you have to reach over and push the button to turn it off. When you turn the key to start twice, the car thinks you are pushing the button once to turn it off, and then pushing it again to turn it on. Now if you turn the car all the way to off before attempting the second start, you don't have to push the button.

Call me lazy, but I think this was a really great convenience mod.

I tried to do the same thing to turn off OD on my tranny on start up but ran into issues with the cars start up procedure. OD would kick off when I started the car but then it would kick back on as the car went through some kind of start up checklist. I could never figure out how to bypass it.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
why would you want to turn off the od

I always turn it off when I start my car now, but it's just one less thing to do when I start her up to go. I hate the way these trannies shift and end up shifting manually most of the time. I've worked with a couple of tuners to get the shift points right but have yet to be successful. I hate when you are cruisin' along at 35 and let off the gas and the tranny puts you into OD. When you get on it again, you have to wait for the tranny to downshift 2 gears. I don't like to lug it along. When I drive my, motor rarely sees below 2300 RPM's. My car doesn't see OD until well past 70.

Like I said, call me lazy. It just irratates me when I forget to hit the button and I'm lugging it down the boulevard at 1200 RPM's. These motors don't really get going until past 3000 RPM's anyways. I like to stay up more towards the power band when I'm driving.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
guessing it's not your DD

Guessed wrong. It sees the Las Vegas Blvd to and from work 5-6 days a week. Over Railroad Pass twice a week to Boulder City for golf. Albertson's once a week. Oh, and let's not forget the cool Recarro car seat in the back for the trips to daycare and what not with my little munchkin.

Don't get me wrong, I use 5th gear all the time, freeway speeds out here are about 75-85 if you don't want to get run over. I just prefer to choose when I use it, as oppossed to when the car thinks I should use it. Thus I would rather have it turned off all the time and just hit the button when I do want it. Like I said before, just lazy. I hit the OD button to turn it off as part of my pre-flight routine most of the time anyways, so it's really not that big of a deal.

On a sidenote: Manually up shifting and down shifting these synchronous automatic transmissions is not the best thing for them. In fact, it will probably shorten the life of it. I drive it this way for 2 reasons. One, I spent like $300+ bucks for this ratchet shifter so I use the piss out of it. Two, my wife won't let me buy a Level 10 tranny while the one in the car is still good.

That's the OD button on the handle. See I'm lazy, I didn't want to reach down to where it was relocated with the shifter so I swapped handles to one with a button.

And so we don't stray too far off the topic, in the background, directly behind the shifter is where I tapped into a fuse for the traction control monkey relay. That is the actual wire from the add-a-circuit fuse thingy with the blue connector. I did the wiring at the same time as the shifter, along with all the other interior mobile rave stuff, as it all had to come out for the shifter install anyways.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 10, when I just push the button it says traction control off and the light comes on, when I hold the brake and push the button for 10sec it says andvantrac off and the light comes on. What is the difference? I asked modular depot before to put it in the tune but the guy couldnt figure it out without turning off stability control also which has a seperate light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
07 Boss--- Is that a TCI shifter? How do you like it?

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
07 Boss--- Is that a TCI shifter? How do you like it?
Yes, TCI, and I like it. It sits a touch higher than the stock one and seems to be the at the right height. The stocker seemed like the handle sat a little too low for me. Shifts great.

Advantages:

Proper height for resting right hand while crusing.

Positive ratchet action provides solid shifts without the chance of skipping a gear.

Looks good.

Drawbacks:

The position of the relocated OD button sucks, another reason why I used the B&M handle with the button.

I wish you could shift directly into 1st from neutral. To get to 1st you have to put it in drive and then ratchet it down to first.

Overall it is a great piece and I think almost a must for any slushbox S197.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts